S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think i would get out of my engine. i have a 1996 2.2 with only 3000 miles on it. i just put it in about 4 months ago. i bought it from advance auto parts. i really wanted to put a v8 in it but didnt have the time to do it at the moment. now that i have the time i wanna try to do it. i port and polished the intake and throttle body. it has underdrive pullies, header. pretty much everything on the engine is new. ive got almost 3000 in everything. just wondering what someone might be willing to offer. got a few pics of when i was putting it in on another thread.

Attachments

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
as much as someone is willing to pay is how much its worth

·
Registered
596 Posts
You could try parting it out like I had to do on ebay; thats about as good as it gets. Someone from other states may need something, and someone else may need something else, etc..

I think when I parted out my '95 2.2L when it blew I was able to recover about $700 dollars for everything on ebay. Camshaft, ported and polished intake, ported and polished head, header with downpipe; and maybe something else but I can't think of it right of the top of my head.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only bad thing is its a brand new engine. i paid 1600 for the block and head, along with about another 500 or more for other parts...just dont think anyone would give that much back...

·
Registered
596 Posts
the only bad thing is its a brand new engine. i paid 1600 for the block and head, along with about another 500 or more for other parts...just dont think anyone would give that much back...
Probably not, as you could drop in a 4.3L like I did for about that much and you would have double the power. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.