S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is not my 95. It's a friends 96

Ok Here the problem and I think I know what it is but.......... lets see if anybody else has any sugestions (please)

cranks but does NOT start. shoot a little starting fluid in her and it will start right up will sputter just a bit then just run like a top. (just like nothings wrong)

shut it off try to restart right away ............same thing NO start
wait a bit same thing NO start. hit it with ether or a little gas down the TB starts and runs fine EVERY time :confused:

I swapped the relays around so I think I ruled that out

any suggestions?

·
Early Member
3,166 Posts
Haven't you posted this same thread before?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope

this is a different truck (96) with a different injection system than my 95

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
Early Member
3,166 Posts
Sound like either you injectors are not working or your fuel pump.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I WORKED ON A BLAZER WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. WE COULD START IT WITH STARTING FLUID AND IT WOULD RUN AND DRIVE FINE. AS SOON AS YOU SHUT IT OFF IT WOULDNT START BACK UP. CHECKED THE FUEL PRESSURE AND IT WAS 50 PSI, THE NEWER VORTECS NEED ABOUT 57 TO 65 POUNDS OF PRESSURE. WHAT HAPPENS IS THE PRESSURE REGULATOR WILL NOT OPEN AT LESS THAN SAY 55 POUNDS OF PRESSURE, THE AMMOUNT NEEDED TO START ONE OF THESE MOTORS, ONCE THEY GET GOING THEY WILL RUN ON 50 POUNDS BUT WONT START ON 50 POUNDS. FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS CHECK THE FUEL FILTER, IF IT LOOKS LIKE ICED TEA, CHANGE IT. IF THAT STILL DOSENT WORK ITS THE PUMP. THATS WHAT WE ENDED UP CHANGING. HOPE THIS HELPS.

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
Fuel filter
fuel pump

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the pump. I put a pressure tester on it it had 40 at the key and dropped like a rock. but had 52 while running.

replaced the pimp runs fine now

thanks All

1 - 8 of 8 Posts