S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
bad gauge or sender?

My autometer fuel pressure gauge lasted about 2 months before it started doing weird things. It started reading 50 psi in idle (too low), and up to 100 psi under partial boost (truck obviously would be dumping smoke/falling on its face). Autometer gave me a way to test the sender, which I did, and the sender tested ok. The only other thing it could have been was the gauge. The weird part was, it was intermittent. Seemed ok when I start the truck, for first 10 minutes or so, then would act up. Anyway, sent the gauge to autometer for warranty, with an explanation and the name of the guy I spoke with, the testing I did, a return auth#, everything I needed to get a new gauge. So they send me my old gauge back with a new sender. No explanation, nothing. So I call them and they say the gauge tested ok. I spend over 2 hours putting the new sender in, wiring everything all nice ,etc... guess what? It was good for about 10 minutes!! I wanted to throw the gauge through autometer's window, and hit the guy in the head that sent it back to me, but they're too far away. After some choice vocab with autometer, I sent them my gauge once again at my expense, and got a completely new kit from them. Its been 5 months now and this one works great (so far).

·
Clear for take off
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here is what I have done so far

1 checked fusses = ok
2 unhooked FMU lines and bypassed = ok same pressure
3 checked all vacuum lines = ok
4 checked for kinked lines = ok
5 autotap code = rich bank 1 & 2
6 checked foe lose wire connections = ok
7 pull the fuse for the vortech fuel pump the fuel pressure goes to normal
8 gauge = ok

·
Registered
160 Posts
almost sounds like a restricted return line either via FMU or not... but you said you checked that

dont know...

·
Clear for take off
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the new style injectors are in and idles at 52psi. The old injectors pressure regulator screen was clogged with some kind of pink $hut. So I will test drive in about an hour. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
that is the fuel injector system/assembly on a 97 up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts