S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of these guys i met a guy with some 22s on a silverado and hes getting it bagged there im not sure but i think ist a leaf over setup that the guy does. anyhow has anyone heard of this guy he said you drop your truck for five days and 2600 dollars and hes got it done. Its a front back side side setup sounds like a good price but i was wondering if anyone knows about this guy and if hes good. BTW he has a bagged and body dropped s-10

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
I have heard them mentioned on this board before, try doing a search for them.

·
Layin' 20s
1,268 Posts
ya i think i know who you are talking about. my buddy had those guys bag his truck and it came out decent. the only thing i dont like is the way their 2 link setup is. when my friend johns truck is layed out the rear wheels sit way towards the front of the wheel opening. kinda looks ghetto IMO. also the position of their bags wont allow you to run a very big tire and wheel combo from what i can tell. if you wanna talk to john his name on the forum is fknlo, just drop him a PM or something.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Man, to be honest with you I wouldn't take my truck there. I live here in Sedalia and know the own Jason VanNatta personally. He screwed me over pesonally on a business deal so I don't like him to much anyway, but his work could use some help. He cuts as many corners in his work to save himself money, he even told me that personally. $2600 is a fairly reasonable price for a full FBSS setup and labor. But like X99 said, his links aren't made to the right length so the wheels don't look centered in the wheel well. I'm not tryin to dis on him too bad, but he won't ever touch something of mine.

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i dont want a 2 link anyhow i want a 4 link what do you think he would say if i brought in my own 4 link if i bought one alot of people are dicks about that stuff and get mad so they do a bad job is he like that?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah I think he'll try and tear you a new one on labor. A friend of mine in town wanted him to install a 2 link on a T for him. My buddy had all the parts for the 2 link, the fittings, airline, everything all he needed was an install and he wanted $750. To me that sounds pretty high for around here. I've got a friend who is a little better at bagging trucks but used to work for him. I can talk to him if you'd like. Midwest Customs doesn't do terrible jobs or hacks, but if your looking for a good high quality setup that is trouble free I would look somewhere else. I just bagged my fullsize because I didn't trust him touching it.

·
I Only have A GED!!!
443 Posts
Midwest customs isn't the worst.... They acually do real desent and his welds are strong..... The only problem is that there isn't any other shop that will do a bag setup in the area. No competition pretty much means you can write your own book. I know personally I have seen over 8-9 different setups by jason ... one or two could use some help, but most are just top notch. Best part is Jason is REAL approchable! If you have a problem with the setup, I'm sure Jason can find a solution

his s10 is pretty clean but i guess if its yours you will spend a little more time on it
not saying a word!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jason is a pretty good fabricator, but I will agree that he spends a little more time on his own truck and it is looking good. True, he is one of only a few people around here that can bag stuff. His strong selling point is that he charges half of what the guys in the city charge, which is true. I remember when Jason first started and all his 4 link setups broke and he had to constantly fix them until I showed him a good setup and put him in touch with some shops to help improve his business. But he later screwed me over so I wasn't too happy about helping him out anymore. So I guess he doesn't do a bad job but it depends on what you want to compare it to. There are certainly things I would do differently if it was my truck and thats why I chose to do it on my own. I dont know what other shops charge so maybe that is a good price for what he does.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
wooohoo i found more missouri guys.. sorry.. just a lone Dimer here in Columbia. I am waiting on a new job so i can do a v-8 swap. just got my humble 3/4 drop, primed, rough, 95 s10 :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts