S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i got one door done last night, and tonight i will do the driver door and take some pics of how i do it and how smoothly it goes.

In doing the passengerside door, i can already tell a HUGE difference in the sound on one side compared to the other. The passenger side door sound ALOT more soild, no hollow sound. When you knock on the door it sounds more of a thud, then the factory thump with a metal ring to it. Also in closing both doors the passenger one sounds WAY more soild, nothing rattling etc... And the power window is alot quieter too.

So i will get some pics up later of my intsall.

I am using Second Skin Prodamplifer on both the doors, and the whole floor!

·
Texan by Marriage
127 Posts
:stickpoke

Don't say "With Pics!!!!!" until you got 'em :p

Anyway....I can wait, I think.

:popcorn:

·
child at heart
1,546 Posts
damn you!!! no pix!!!!

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
I'm eventually going to get around to trying out some of that damplifier mat. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Hurry up with those pics!

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
s-dime2nv said:
What is there to be upset about? Is life so dull you look forward to pictures of a sound-damped door?:dunno:
I'm at work right now, so yes :(

·
Texan by Marriage
127 Posts
Work for me too...waiting for something to break so I will have something to do.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL, ya'll crack me up.

But i assure you i will have pics tonight. As a matter of fact i will go outside right now and take a pic of the bare door. Just to make sure i get some pics for you guys.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Damnit bladehines!!!! Where are the pictures at!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
as you guys can see i covered every square inch as possible! I used 2 full sheets per door, and any scraps i had left i just stuck them anywhere on the door.

The only problem i have so far is that well, i can't roll my window down, being i don't have my power window switches installed yet.

But i have a fix for that, i am just going to carry a 14.2 volt cordless drill battery around with me if i need to roll them down. LOL

I am going to start on the passenger side floor tomorrow after work, so i will get some pics of that up also!
And i will be installing some rattle pad behind the rear trim panels too!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.