S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
desperately need advice of how to modify seats or replace them. got a '97 s10, 3rd door that the seats have been in the upholstering shop twice and the problems get worse. no padding or padding rolls in the middle underneath leaving metal to support butt. shop says its a common problem w/94-97 s10s. would love to replace seats, but have no idea how. i'm 6'6" tall and can't afford seat too high of floor, but no lower either. some please share valuable advice.

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
get some buckets, i think its corrbeau or something, i know sportruck.com has a link in their parts section. i was going to get a set, they should be lower.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
same year camaro and firebird seat allow the sliders from your s10 seats to bolt up and use the seats in your truck. thats an idea i am toying with,:thumbup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Actually, any new F-body seats will bolt right up the the '97 brackets. I just got some 2000 Formula Firebird leather seats and they bolted right up.

You can find leather F-body seats all over the place in mint condition for $400-500 which is considerably cheaper than cloth Corbeau seats. Check out car-part.com

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
yes, they work, but i love racing seats, yea, there expensive, but i love the way they look. go to some junk yards or search online for Fbody seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts