S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 s10 that is giving me fits right now. 4x4 problems, body work and now seat rail problems. I need to remove the seat rail ,but one of the bolts has been beat to **** at some time in the past and I can't break it free. Also the seat pressure switch does not want to come apart, is there a trick?

DR

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Is it the inside rear bolt? It's a special sized Torx bit that GM and a few others uses. Often referred to as a T47 or T50x. If it isn't too beat up the best method is to get one of the special bits from Snap On (I buy them used on eBay) and get under the truck with a torch. Heat up the threaded portion of the floor as hot as you can and break it loose with a big breaker bar before pulling out the power tools to zip it out.

If you it is tore up beyond use I weld a large nut to the top, maybe heat it a bit more from underneath, but often the welding puts enough heat into the bolt/floor to get it out.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
976 Posts
if you are lacking a welder- you can try to CUT a new square head on bolt with a grinder- then apply heat below and then extract.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it the inside rear bolt? It's a special sized Torx bit that GM and a few others uses. Often referred to as a T47 or T50x. If it isn't too beat up the best method is to get one of the special bits from Snap On (I buy them used on eBay) and get under the truck with a torch. Heat up the threaded portion of the floor as hot as you can and break it loose with a big breaker bar before pulling out the power tools to zip it out.

If you it is tore up beyond use I weld a large nut to the top, maybe heat it a bit more from underneath, but often the welding puts enough heat into the bolt/floor to get it out.
Thank You,
It looks as though it was trashed the last tie I had some work done on the air bag system. The underside is treated with oil coat and volatile. I have sprayed it with a commercial product called Kroil and hope that frees it up . If not ,Back to square one.

Thanks Again
72 NH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts