S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what going on my rear end cover is leaking and the bolts kept back out after i changed my fluid and before you ask i've done this many of times before so i know what i'm doing i put silicone all over the gasket and then tourqe it down and cleaned it up all nice and then i look down their the next day and the damn thing is leaking so i notice the bolts where backing out so i put red locktite on um and tourqed back down(yes i made sure it was clean) i have a 7.625 rear end(the ZQ8 10 bolt oval) it's leaking the most on the left side where the bolt with the brake like support(atleast thats what i think that thing is) but it is the right gasket to witch has me scratchin my head is their something i'm doing wrong or should i go round 2 on more silicone and mabye 2 gaskets???????? i need help quick it's cold as shit and suposed to be warm on monday so i'd like to get it done then thank guys

·
Registered
507 Posts
Forget the gasket, clean both surfaces off with brake cleaner, scoop the remaining gear oil out of it first so it's not dripping over your clean surface.
Put a 1/8 bead of ultra black on the cover and around the bolt holes and install it, it'll never leak if you do it right.
There is a small chance your axle tube plug welds might be leaking but thats rare.

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm not getting any vibration in the rear witch is what confused me so much but thanks for your help what do you think about using locktite on the bolts when i put them back in??

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well my luck with the welder latly i'd burn through damn pan(mabye i should check and see if i bumped the settings when i tried weld up that exhaust) lol ah well i'll proably just locktite um though thank man

·
Registered
100 Posts
Randy just use black rtv on the gasket and the rearend itself and you'll be good to go. Just wait till I get a jegs girdle and I"ll give you my cover.

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Donny 5 I took it off today to check everything out and my cover isn't out of square at all same with my housing i don't think i'll be needin the cover but i gota it all done and no leaking so far so i should be good to go

·
Registered
100 Posts
cool now she should be good to go . Let's test her out:cool: :burnout:

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol your just happy cause you beat me with a 75 pound sub box then another 32 pound one and my spare tire and the 35 pounds more than i should weigh.....round 2 your mine baby i'm gona get you prision style....hard raw and i'm not even gona spit on it LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts