S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting two Cerwin Vega 15's in my x-cab 95. I need everyone's opinion on whether i should use a sealed or a ported box. I have a friend who has the same subs in an Intrepid and they hit really hard but they just don't sound that clear. I used to have two JL Audio 15's in my truck in a sealed box and with only 400 watts a piece they made your head feel like it was going to explode. That's what I want again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If u've got Stroker 15's, you will want to put them in the largest possible vented enclosure. Since the ext. cab isnt big enough for 2 Strokers your best bet is to sell them or do a blow through and cap the bed.

If they're the vega series, with the double red surround, you'll get decent sound out of a sealed box. ported is louder if built right, but sealed will 9.5 out of 10 times sound better.

Check out Cerwin vega's website for precise info on box size and type.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
dude go with a sealed enclosure, a ported one wont have enough air to make it sound good in a truck, my extended cab doesn't have enough air to support 2 10" subs in it ported, so i would go sealed if I were you

·
Registered
99 Posts
port them, they will be louder and if built properly will sound just as good as sealed. the vega series are known for their lack of SQ but also known for getting pretty loud

·
Registered
63 Posts
Id go to the site and see the specs but if you want tighter bass the keep them enclosed if you want it louder port them

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
guys the Cerwin Vega Vega series subs are designed to playing in ported boxes only. I used to work at a stereo shop and putting those subs in a sealed box will void the warranty if they happen to blow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't know about the vegas but I had two lanzar 15's in two seprate sealed boxes and it sounded better and more resposiv than any ported box I have ever heard or you could sell one and go with a badpass box that way you will get that deep thump you can really feel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts