S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, pretty soon im going to be ordering my Resonant Engineering subs. i was putting around on the website tonight, getting som specs, and saw the SE is rated at 350-600 watts RMS, where as the HC series is rated at 600-1200 RMS. im going to be running the subs off a Viper 1200.1 amp, and i was worried that might be pushing the SE's a bit close to their envelope. however, if i get the HC's, they only come in DVC 2 ohm, so i couldnt use that amp for them by itself for both subs (its not rated for 0.5 ohm stability). however, i could get 2 Viper amps and run one sub of each (its stable at 1 ohm, which a DVC 2 ohm could be wired in parallel to, i believe). i have no problem buying the amps to run the subs. however, the HC series requires a 1.6 ft^3 box PER SUB for ported applications, and i have no idea how to make a ported box on my own - i.e. do the calculations on actual size, port size and length, and tuning. im also afraid a box that large would not fit in the trunk of the car im doing the system in. ive got no problem in losing all the trunk space; however, i simply dont know if it will fit! the other problem is the alternator - its going to be stock till May, when ill be getting a 200 amp alt for my birthday. will it hold out till then under 2400 watts of power being drawn continously? so i need opinions on which subs to get, and help doing the calculations for the box. ive got until the end of january to decide, and ill be ordering sometime in february, but it would be nice to have everything laid out before hand, so i dont run into any more snags than necessary.

·
Registered
72 Posts
MuddyS10 said:
ok, pretty soon im going to be ordering my Resonant Engineering subs. i was putting around on the website tonight, getting som specs, and saw the SE is rated at 350-600 watts RMS, where as the HC series is rated at 600-1200 RMS. im going to be running the subs off a Viper 1200.1 amp, and i was worried that might be pushing the SE's a bit close to their envelope. however, if i get the HC's, they only come in DVC 2 ohm, so i couldnt use that amp for them by itself for both subs (its not rated for 0.5 ohm stability). however, i could get 2 Viper amps and run one sub of each (its stable at 1 ohm, which a DVC 2 ohm could be wired in parallel to, i believe). i have no problem buying the amps to run the subs. however, the HC series requires a 1.6 ft^3 box PER SUB for ported applications, and i have no idea how to make a ported box on my own - i.e. do the calculations on actual size, port size and length, and tuning. im also afraid a box that large would not fit in the trunk of the car im doing the system in. ive got no problem in losing all the trunk space; however, i simply dont know if it will fit! the other problem is the alternator - its going to be stock till May, when ill be getting a 200 amp alt for my birthday. will it hold out till then under 2400 watts of power being drawn continously? so i need opinions on which subs to get, and help doing the calculations for the box. ive got until the end of january to decide, and ill be ordering sometime in february, but it would be nice to have everything laid out before hand, so i dont run into any more snags than necessary.

Do whatever makes you happy,personally i would get the hc they look very nice ........I've been waiting to buy an amp for XXX and my blow thru while, personally i think the longer you wait the more you will enjoy it in the long run.

·
Registered
746 Posts
You could run teh two 2ohm dvc's at a 2-ohm final load and get 800wrms x 1 out of that viper amp.....and then once you get the blazer, you could add a 2nd 1200.1 and run them each at 1-ohm :)

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hm...ive got to find out the price first, then decide if i want to spend that much money...but if its worth it, ill have no problems spending the money. i really want to go with the HC's. i havent had a system in....what is it now, 4 months? so i crank the house stereo and get decent bass out of that, but i want something that will kill when i get done the car system. hm...

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
anyone of those should kill lol..prolly kill ur alt too lol j/k

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im getting the 2500.1 amp. screw it.

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
more than 600 RMS? im just going by what the website says, 600 RMS and 1000 peak. i talked it over with the parents tonight, theyre cool with me spending the money on the system because im saving all the rest of my money till i get a truck (which is no time soon) so i think im getting the 2 HC's and the 2500.1 Viper amp. that way, i can wire the subs in series? and get a ohm load each, and when i bridge the amp that would be a 2 ohm load, which is where the 2500.1 makes all its power. im just going to keep it turned down until i get the new alt, so i dont fry it too soon. what gauge wire do you guys recommend running, 2 AGW or 0 AGW, and where can i find wire that thick? knukoncepts only has 4 AGW, and i dont know any other places to look. im also spending a good bit of money on sound deadening material. least 3 layers on the trunk lid, and 2 on the walls of the trunk. are there any problems you all can see me running into? this is going to be my first install, and im really nervous about it.

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool, looks like ill be getting their 0 gauge amp kit.

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, the budget just got clicked up a few notches...

·
Registered
746 Posts
nothing's wrong with viper amps....DEI is an excellent company, and i ordered a DEI 1100d myself :D

2500wrms is just a LOT of power :eek:

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
x3ro said:
nothing's wrong with viper amps....DEI is an excellent company, and i ordered a DEI 1100d myself :D

2500wrms is just a LOT of power :eek:
SMNW was just raggin on me..i think lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts