S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
4wheeln & Layn-Body
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my train horns in from SD, and I installed them this weekend. It took a while because I took my time and had to make some trick brackets because i wanted to mount them up front.

I got the idea from AVTekk , Streets finest. I like the way their setups were, so i wanted mine as clean as theirs and I wanted them to be hidden also behind the billet grill. I ran into a prob. when I found out that My truck has a power steering coolant lines up front. But that didn't stop me. And since I took out my AC, the condenser was gone which left some room. I trimed the Hood latch support bracket a little and they fit snug behind the grill and envoy bumper, you can't even tell they are there.

I made the upper and lower brackets out of one piece alum. I made some speed holes( :haha: ) in the upper bracket just to get a little more air to the rad. Instead of the valve that came with the kit I ran a 3/8 SMC with 3/8 airline(from SD) back to my tank. I mounted the valve as close as I could get it. I am running them off of my rear bags air tank at @ 145psi. :D

I froze my ass off these past couple of nights but it was all worth it, these puppies so F$$KN LOUD :D I am a very happy minitrucker with my new toy! So the next time someone cuts me off or almost hits me they get blasted!! :rant:
Let me know what you all think. :) Thanks again [email protected], AVTekk, Streets finest!!

Here is what I started out with:

Here is a pic of everything mounted up except the front grill.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
that is VERY badass. They hurt my ears just looking at them... no seriously, i think i just heard them!

thats awesome you got em up front for the whole world to hear.

·
4wheeln & Layn-Body
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea they came in handy today when a big Power Stroke almost backed into me, i hit them on him and he stoped the truck qucik and had a terrified look on his face!!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
i would almost want some sort of a manual valve, or a valve the opened kinda slow, so you got the true "whooooaaaaaaaaammmmp" sound like a train, if that makes any sense (you know, how it kinda rolls into the full air flow.

although, i'de really like to have an aooga horn.... (do they even still make those? haha)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
psls10 said:
yea those are the ones at autozone for $20.oo lol :rotf: :p
my grandfather had one on his pontoon boat that was like 8 inches in diameter..... i wonder where i could get one of those, lol..... ebay has alot of 6 volt ones for model a's. hmmm....

·
(s)AINT
498 Posts
Eight433 said:
i would almost want some sort of a manual valve, or a valve the opened kinda slow, so you got the true "whooooaaaaaaaaammmmp" sound like a train, if that makes any sense (you know, how it kinda rolls into the full air flow.

although, i'de really like to have an aooga horn.... (do they even still make those? haha)
harbor frieght or J.C. whitney has ooga horns for 15$

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
damn i kinda whored your thread by accident lol.... sorry!

:leave:

·
4wheeln & Layn-Body
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You frekin hor, :haha: dude its cool, it don't botha me, and it gives people links to ooga horns :D

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
wow that looks great! lot of work to put them behind the grille but I'm sure its worth it. probably get even more effect of it up front instead of in or under the bed. good job!

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
i dunno but i have a 1/4 smc valve on mines, i managed to put mines up front and mines has a steering wheel cooling thing like his but my horns aint nearly as neat as that

1 - 20 of 76 Posts