S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what all would be involved to use a scuba tank with your airbags?

how long would it last compard to a regular nitrogen tank that you would get from a welding supply??

thanks a lot
scott

G

·
hey, check it out....my buddy has a 85 blazer its got dual ported bags up front (he didnt bag the rear yet) with parker golds, 3/4 inch line....he made a custom rack in the back for like 3 scuba tanks, the bottom 2 are filled but not hooke up, and the top is hooked up to a regulator that he sets to around 300 psi, the front end hops about a foot and a half....im guessing he turns the regulator down a bit for daily driving, he says that with a full tank he could play with it for about 5 minutes straight before switching....what he does is he drives around with all these tanks so when he runs out he puts a new one in (he doesnt have a regular tank/compressor)....thatr setup is cool and all, but the only reason he gets away with it is because his brother works at a scuba shop, otherwise he would have had to pay for the 6 tanks he has (a lot of money!) plus 30 bucks a pop to get them filled...they fill up to like thousands of psi or something so i guess the scuba shop has a special compressor he has access too, and the regulator is like 100 bucks......ok sorry that was a lot of typing....but yeah basicallly its a badass setup, but it can get pricey

G

·
oh, i wanted to add 1 other thing, nitrogen tanks are totally illegal, and i mean even though you probably wont get caught, if someone ever rear-ended you kiss your ass and whoever else is in the path of that tank goodbye, if you were to lay that tank down in front of a building and smash the end off, it would probably plow through and make it to the other side, all that tank stuff is pretty scary, im happy with my little 7 gallon tank and 145 psi compressor, hehe

·
Road reflector removal unit
39 Posts
Silver star customs sells dual bottle brackets that would help hold the tanks down. Just carry the tanks with you when your showin off and leave a regular compressor and air tank hooked up for just airing up.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Tank

Cost me 10 bucks to fill mine with compressed air @ 2000 psi. Beetlejuice-Thats why they make safety caps and put them in the front of the bed and you have no worries what so ever. I mounted mine in the back. I don't see the end of one coming off unless you chop it with an ax a thousand times. Check the pic of mine-its aluminum-how may times have you see one of those?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts