S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the new tank I have had it 3 days and have been back to the shop 3 times to fill it!! I am playing with the bags every sec I get :) I love it. Any way I wanted to put the tank in my bed and I did not want anyone to yank it so I made up this bracket from some flat 3/8 aluminum That will have 2 locks on it so it is safe but still I am able to take the tank out to refill it with out any tools. just wanted to get input form you guys what do you think? I will post pics of it in my bed soon.

It kinda looks like a BIG NOS tank :D

It is a 3,000 PSI 80 cu. ft. tank that runs at 145 PSI
I know this has been asked before but how much pressure can I push MAx for show? 150-170? my tank is max 150. and I have ride pro valves.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just took the reg apart put in a few washers untill I got the press I wanted.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Id run it up to 200 if you can. Also, what are those straps lined with? Got a pic of them without the bottle? They look cool..

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got all the metal from home depot and the straps have this 1/2" thick foam that is made to go between the top rail of your truck and a camper shell so it is grippy stuff!! I will post some pics with out the tank. '

Also I was thinking of running it to 200 PSI then putting on a small adjustable reg after the main one that will go from 0-300 PSI so I can crank it up to show off! and back down for normal driving.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man any of those scuba tanks for sale???

anyway my reg used was about $100
A fixed reg is about $150-$200 NEW
A adjustable reg 0-3,000 PSI is about $500-900 I think new

It is a good idia to buy a fixed one adjust it with washers up to 200 PSI then buy a small home depot reg for $30 and use that to go from 0-200 PSI because you will never use anything over 500 PSI !

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I get about 50-70 up/downs on all 4 wheels or one bag up and down about 200-280 times. It will last one day If I play every sec of the day! But will last about A week on normal use I hope, I have not had it that long.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what ya doing in pittsburgh? , Just let me know when you are in town there are a few car shows i think first weekend of oct.

[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts