S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2000 S10
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an SCT X4 thought it would at least come with base functionality as far as being able to make changes for ture size etc. Does anyone know where I can get a base tune for a 2002 xtreme with 4.3? I'm not looking for anything wild till after the ls swap but want to do the basics at least. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone.

Been there Done it
Their website says it comes preloaded with tunes, but the 4.3 S10 page says it doesn't come with any preloads. 馃槩
If you had a new Mustang or a Ford 6.7 turbo diesel truck you'd be all set.
Personally I never heard of them until you asked, but there a lot of stuff out there I haven't heard of.
I use HP Tuners, which can download and save the tune already in the vehicle. Then you can pretty much
mess with what ever you want and run that modified tune. You can also save a copy of each new one you create. Lot of guys on here use HPT. Many tuning shops also use HPT.
You may diagnose a problem by contacting our Technical Support Department via phone (for SCT branded merchandise: (407) 774-2447

Reactions: LS Sonoma

Registered
03 GMC Sonoma SLS & 04 Chevrolet Blazer Ls
I recently bought an SCT X4 thought it would at least come with base functionality as far as being able to make changes for ture size etc. Does anyone know where I can get a base tune for a 2002 xtreme with 4.3? I'm not looking for anything wild till after the ls swap but want to do the basics at least. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone.
There is no difference in the tune between the stock S10 and the Xtreme tune. I have compared them an HP tuners . You would think they would give you a performance tune with the xtreme S10 but GM did not. If you want something just a little better go with hypertech. But you're only getting a better timing curve with hypertech I compared it against the stock S10 tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts