S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was bleeding the clutch..i went to tighten down the bleeder screw and it felt like it was stripped. So i took it out to look at the threads..went to reinstall it...and dropped it in the tranny..it's a 98 manual. is there no way whatsover to remove the slave cylinder without droppin the tranny? i can feel it right there and might be able to get it out..

·
Registered
24 Posts
no, but why would you need to remove the slave cylinder? i guess if you somehow managed to strip the threads out of the slave, yes. And if the screw fell inside the bellhousing, you can either get a flex-magnet or (my choice) remove the flywheel dust cover at the front of the bellhousing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dust cover came off...when i dug out the bleeder bolt. where it threads into the transmisson was sheared off and still attatched to the bolt..i've never been inside one of these transmissions..i can barely see up where it broke off with a light lookin past the slave cylinder. anybody tell me if this is cast into the transmission or if it's part of something that could be replaced??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts