S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm interested in using the new Xenon front bumper airdam as a replacement for my 2001 Xtreme's stock airdam. Will it line up right with the fender flares? I'm also worried that it might be lower off the ground than the rest of the kit; how will it look with the rest of the stock Xtreme kit?

also, where can I purchase the original S-10 SS Decals?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, well, I'm looking at the Street Scene Airdam now too (the one with the 2 circular fog lights on each side). However, I'm wondering if there are any air dams that won't fit my truck, since I think the fender flares are the stock S-10 ones, so any S-10 kit would work with mine, right?

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
Since your trk is an Xtreme, you need an Airdam that will wrap around the Xtreme fender flares. Those aftermarket airdams don't fit like your Xtreme airdam does. Did you damage your airdam, or do you just want a different style for your trk?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I damaged it, irrepairably. But, as I look at pics of other stock S-10s and my Xtreme, it looks like our fender flares are exactly the same. So, in theory, any air dam made for the S-10 should line up with my X, right? What exactly is the problem with aftermarket airdams and the X lining up?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
am I right? The fender flares are the same. The X must not come with special fender flares (the stuff around the tire wells, right?)

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
Xtreme Fender Flares

No dude, the X has urethane fender flares that are mounted over the stock sheet metal fenders. They are wider and lower than the stockers. Thats why any aftermarket air dam would have to be tweaked to fit, or made to look right.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
ok, well, maybe I'm stuck with the original airdam. Where can I buy a GM replacement Xtreme Airdam (not that prestigious1 version)? or at least, what kind of modifications are we talking about to get a xenon or street scene air dam to fit?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.