S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay heres what JUST happened I was removing the drivers side leaf ( I have already dropped the gas tank and the passenger side leaf, and removed a leaf mounts mount on the axle where the leaf hooks up etc...) so I dropped the leaf mounts and all picked it up started to head towards the junk pile and my s-10began to rock and start to fall forward I immeditly jump on the farthest back crossmember fearing the end of my dime was close, so there I sat the only leverage. I was able to scootch over to one side and pick up the rim I had taken off than the next side then I put the drivers leaf on there too. still a bit shaky so I grabbed a huge peice of sheetmetal, finally it wouldn't flip so i picked up the closest blocks of wood and placed them on the metal sheet between the lower arms and there it sits

if your wondering why it was flipping forward it is because I had the bright idea to get everything ready so when my rear bags show up with the 1/2 line I ordered all I would do to the front is install the line and reasemble so both sides of the front are apart. I put the jack stands as far forward as i felt I could they are about 6 inches from the point in the front where the frame starts bending up

so i learned two people should work an a truck and that if you take a s-10 that has a 70-30 weight ratio of front to back then you take off the bed, the gas tank, and the leafs on both sides the weight is more like 95-5

well im okay and more importanly the truck is okay but damn I thought my dime was focked

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
THat is good the truck was not killed. I ran into the same problem. I didn't have the gas tank off. But As soon as I droped the driver side leaf, it started to tilt forward. Not real fast but. Enough. SO i grabbed the closest thing. My rim. I had to put both on till I jacked up the truck and moved the stands. Now I know where to put them :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
my truck sits on 4 blocks with a v8 and no axle, bed, gas tank, leafs. i no this cause mine has been on them for 2 years. if you put the blocks under the frame where the cab mounts are it will sit fine with nothing on it. jsut dont add any weight to the front end. i can pick the back of my truck off the blocks just leaning on the front of my truck

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just people see this so no ones truck gets focked

now as ricers go lets try to to convince them to put their stands in the middle hehe

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
hehehe. ya.. It is kinda common sence to put it as far foward as possible. Bu sometimes you just don't think about that at the moment. From now on, I am sure you and I will double check where the stands are :).. Good luck on the install

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I don't have that problem because I have 600 extra pounds of extended cab behind where I put the front jacks :D My front jacks go on the frame where the body mounts are up front, and the rear ones are in the same place as drps10's.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Damn, that sux. When I did mine I had it on jack stands and blocks in the front, but the back never set on the jack stands. I guess I had mine balanced perfectly so that the truck was like a balanced See-saw

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Thats cool, untill you get tired and wana sit down...... tip. Now you have to lift it off the ground... My dad leaned on the front of my truck to look at my engine and up it went. SO i decided to fix it. :) glad i wasn't under the truck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts