S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buddy of mine at work, has been going through a tough time lately. his mom has been having some major heart problems. besides working 9-10 hour shifts, 6 days a week - he's also responsible for taking care of his mom, every off-shift hour he has at home, waiting on her hand and foot, etc... last week he was telling me how he cant take much more of this, none of his brothers or sisters even offer any type of help with his mom (which is sad in my opinion)

well come monday, he doesnt show up for work, i figure he had some things to take care of with his mom. today comes around, still not here. the guy is pretty much a work-a-holic so i found it a bit strange. did some research, his 20 year old daughter called the office monday morning telling my boss she had put a missing persons report out on him. supposedly he left sunday for an on-call, with his work truck, never showed up to work but never even came back home.. i talked to one of his good friends who also works for my company, and he said he talked to him on friday night and he sounded really upset. this just has me worried and i'm not sure what to do. i guess theres really not much i can do anyway. - im just freaking out because hes a good buddy of mine and the last time i talked to him he was going on about how he cant take this anymore...

anyone els have something similar happen with a fellow co-worker?

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
alot of time the stress of such a thing can take it's toll on a person and make them leave. Chances are he is just so frustrated with things he went and took a "mental health break"

·
INDEPENDENT
1,725 Posts
Yeah maybe he just wanted to get away for a while to see if anyone would notice or if someone would care. But if I were you and you guys were close I would go looking for him when you have time off and try to call his cell if he has one. I just know if one of my friends went missing I wouldnt be able to sleep till i found out what was going on. But I will be praying for him and you and hopefully he will show up in a few days.

·
What y'all watchin HOES!?
3,638 Posts
Yeah, that sounds like a nerve racking situation. I hope is hasn't done something to himself. I would call the local hospitals and police stations see if anything comes up. Maybe he went to one of his siblings house to cuss them out or something.... :dunno:

·
Registered Abuser
10,184 Posts
hope he's ok man, maybe he just went away for a while to clear his mind, or maybe he figured he would make his siblings help out with his mom by leaving the responsibility on them, whatever it is hope he's ok

·
Super Moderator
16,419 Posts
Whoa, whats his work truck look like? PM me if you like, i'll keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks scotty and everyone els who responded.

....bad news, worst case senario has happpened. they found him dead on his parents farm last night.. took his own life

I'm kind of disapointed in him. ever since ive known him he has always been a very well rounded guy, would drop anything to help you and was committed to everything he did, which is why i find it so suprising. I remember last week when he was explaining to me how things were getting so messed up in his life, i offered him to hang out after work, have a beer and just talk, he refused - but i wished i would have pushed it harder to get him to hang out, maybe i could have helped some?

RIP Tim, We miss ya buddy. won't be the same not having you around monday mornings to cheer us all up.

·
Registered
318 Posts
man thats sad, I am sorry for your loss and for his families as well especially his mom.... you know I can understand why you would be dissapointed in him as a friend but keep in mind you were only there for a while and he lived it. Is a damn shame he had no help from his family and I bet if you could talk to him right now he would be thanking you for just being there to listen, he may not have taken you up on your invites but you were there with him in his darkest moments... seems to me you are a good person, one with a heart.... wish there were more like you around, the world would be better place.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Crazy shit man.

My friend comitted suicide a few weeks ago too. No one heard from him for about a day or so, and he was found dead in his basement. No one is really sure on his mindframe at the time, but he was sad.

I'm sorry that happened man, just make sure to attend the funeral and maybe say something nice during the memorial session. It'll mean the world to his family.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts