S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a OBDII scan tool. Does anyone know where to get one cheap(under $100)???? I need to figure out why the SES light is on and I got a miss at higher RPM with hard starting.

·
Autocross'n Member
363 Posts
Sorry,you're not going to find any obd II scan tools on the market under $100.I think Autozone sells one for $135,but it only reads generic codes,not manufacturer specific codes.

·
Registered
861 Posts
a way i found to get good snapon tools is find the town crackhead and buy it from him they will steal anything for 100$

·
Registered
212 Posts
Round here Autozone has stopped scanning due to the local delerships complaining that they lose too many business oppurtunities.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been happy with the code reader setup available at the URL below. You will need a laptop (or maybe a Palm Pilot, not sure) but it will read emissions codes (and some others) for ALL OBDII vehicles.

Plus you can reset the code for a fresh start on your diagnostic adventure.

http://obddiagnostics.com/index.html

Good luck......

Jim

·
Registered
389 Posts
twitch32 said:
Round here Autozone has stopped scanning due to the local delerships complaining that they lose too many business oppurtunities.
That really sucks bad. So AutoZone gave into the whiney car dealerships??

They are really barking up the wrong tree. The people who go to
AZ are basically do-it-yourselfers who wouldn't generally go to a dealership to have anything done unless it was warranty work. I can't believe AutoZone would cave into their whining. AZ is d oing a HUGE disservice to it's customers by stopping that.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
The autozones around here still do it

:shrug:

Caleb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts