S-10 Forum banner

Sarai Valves

983 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Layd Dly 
#1 ·
Are Sarai valves a good valve? I was just wondering how they compared to SMC's or something of the sort. Thanks guys

#4 ·
SlammedDime said:
but there is one dealer on the board here who had them, and will no longer sell them.
:D one of the cool things about being in the biz is that you get to try out new things. One of the bad things is that you get to replace crappy parts for customers for free.... That cool noise they make is the dump valve blowing open because there isn't enough spring pressure to keep them closed.

#6 ·
98sdime said:
you have to replace them at your expense????
No not really. But if I sell you a product, and it is crap, I feel I have the responsility to replace it with something good. In my experience with the sarai's, they were marketed to me as a lower cost, better replacement for the smc's. Well, I didn't have the time to test them ( which will NEVER happen again ), so I sold them at someone else's recommendation. Altophobic ( scott ) here was the first to get a set from me, he hated them, I paid for the smc replacements. A couple other customers hated them, I paid for smc replacements for them as well. I sold most of the used sarai's at a small loss, (And I was up front with the buyers that they were not liked and had no warranty) except for one set. I just happened to be building a truck for the guy that sold them to me, so since he thought they were so good, I put them on his truck... :jester:

#8 ·
IRSd_mini said:
No not really. But if I sell you a product, and it is crap, I feel I have the responsility to replace it with something good. In my experience with the sarai's, they were marketed to me as a lower cost, better replacement for the smc's. Well, I didn't have the time to test them ( which will NEVER happen again ), so I sold them at someone else's recommendation. Altophobic ( scott ) here was the first to get a set from me, he hated them, I paid for the smc replacements. A couple other customers hated them, I paid for smc replacements for them as well. I sold most of the used sarai's at a small loss, (And I was up front with the buyers that they were not liked and had no warranty) except for one set. I just happened to be building a truck for the guy that sold them to me, so since he thought they were so good, I put them on his truck... :jester:

LMFAO!

#12 ·
02BLZRX said:
did i mention the were faster?
Yep you did, but you didn't produce any flow numbers to back up the statement.
I like the fact that with smc's, I sold $19,000 worth in 2002, and got 5 back. In 2002 I sold 32 sarai's, and got them all back... :D

#15 ·
when we were at blooddrag last year we were talking with the sarai guy there...and he was jsut full of alot of shit...and the demo truck they had sucked and was slow...so in my case they suck..plus alot of others ive talked to dont like them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.