S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share this with the potential V8 conversion people on the list. I have had my Sanderson Headers on the Proflo'dS10 for less than 2500 miles. I just removed my engine to get the block powdercoated and smooth out my firewall. When I looked at the headers, they were cracked where the primary tubes go into the collector! I thought I had a slight leak at the collector gaskets; boy was I wrong.

Anyway, I have had no luck with Sanderson on them backing their product. I have e mailed them 6 times with little or even more so NO luck dealing with them. I was told on the phone the day I called to send them back but they wouldn't give me their address. They told me to go find it on the internet!!! The person I talked to acted like they had a huge case of PMS and made me feel like I was wasting their time. Unfortunately for them, we probably bought 50 sets of headers from them a year. Now if I can't get a satisfactory resolution after buying that many headers, why should you think you will if you ever experience a problem with their headers?

I would suggest saving $160 and just buying the Heddman headers. Heck with $150 you have left over, I know a guy that will ceramic coat them so they will last forever.

Sorry to post this kind of negative stuff to the list. I just don't want to see one of you guys get the same treatment I did.

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
headers

The Hedman are great headers. I sell them all the time. They dont have as big of a primary tube as the Sandersons, but with headers, it is a bigger improvement than manifolds. Hedman also has elite series for the same that is coated for around 250 I think. They have a thicker flange and primary tubes. Thats too bad about Sandersons customer service. I sell parts on the phone all day and some of the people I work with act like that as well, t just depends on who you are lucky (or unlucky) to get.:thumbup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. I don't like negative stuff either, but sometimes it's necessary and your info was just as helpful to me as a postive vendor post. Too bad they won't reply - you may have uncovered an inherent design flaw that they need to correct.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may be interested in what a few others have had to say at the S-Series forum. Their link, if you don't already know it is http://www.s-series.org Then go to V8 section and click on the Sanderson headers section. They have posted their experiences with Sandersons customer service department and terrible luck, just like mine. I think the largest "inherent flaw" is the fact that they just don't care about service after the sale. I am hoping that this will impact their S10 header sales enough that they might pull their cranium from their anus......

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well put

Seeing as how I stay in buisiness because of good customer relations ,I would have to think that proflo'd is right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts