S-10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Dragginbody said:
that would be awesome. both of mine leak at the head.

look slike that is part of the case and not a rebuild so not any one has them as a part. but I would buy a junk one and use its parts :(

or maby call sanden.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Dragginbody said:
that would be awesome. both of mine leak at the head.

look slike that is part of the case and not a rebuild so not any one has them as a part. but I would buy a junk one and use its parts :(

or maby call sanden.

here ar the comon parts,
http://www.sanden.com/parts/sd5.html

·
Work in Progress!!
280 Posts
how are the SD 709's and how hard would it be to put one on my 95 2.2 s10? i think i would probably be able to get one for nearly nothing if i think i will be able to put it on my truck.

·
ITS NOT EASY BEING EASY, MODERATOR
19,339 Posts
95 S-DIME2.2 said:
how are the SD 709's and how hard would it be to put one on my 95 2.2 s10? i think i would probably be able to get one for nearly nothing if i think i will be able to put it on my truck.

i mounted 2 on my 94 2.2. u can modify the stock ac location and bolt a sanden right up.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
get laid/commit suicide
3,222 Posts
i'm confussed about the oiling system, it looks like you are basicly mixing the oil the the air going in, which i understand, but how do you get the oil back out of the air so you can send the air to your tank?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I converted mine to greese , nice clean oil free air out ;) and no oiler :)

more details when I get home.

·
Completly Useless Truck
2,489 Posts
DJDAudio said:
I converted mine to greese , nice clean oil free air out ;) and no oiler :)

more details when I get home.
WTF?:screwy:

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
cali_ryde said:
wow greese?!? i need this info, im sick of worryin about the oil on my york. prolly gonna switch to a sanden this summer.

lol,

I am working on the test numbers still,

but I blocked all origional oil passages and ripped it completely apart and removed all oil, tne coated all joints with greese and filled a little into the crank case and cyl walls,

I am going o stick a hour meter on it and just let her run till she gets supper hot or locks up to see what will happen,

but I will post up the vid soon, showing the oil just flying past the piston rings,
it is so sad.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
DailyDrivenDime said:
did you write that or find it?

I wish I did lol,

Found it on Sanden's web site.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 85 Posts
About this Discussion
84 Replies
25 Participants
impalaon666z
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing