S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow, I know everyone told me that these suckers are fast, but DAMN. This thing filled a 5 gal (0-145psi )in under 35seconds!! I was able to mount it up yesterday (in the rain) and do all the plumbing today.

TIME:
Mounting the compressor 1/2 hour
Running the copper tubing 1/2 hour
Running around town to get the right fittings FOREVER

Money:
Used sanden 508 jeep comp. $15.00
Fitting to fit the weird threads $10.00
20 feet of 1/2" soft copper $40.00
Misc fittings $10.00
Gear oil $3.00

And worth every penny. I only filled the tank like 3 times because I didn't want to over work it right away, but this is the best mod for the money I have EVER done. I will see if I can post the video later tonight. If you guys don't already have one, stop making excuses and get one!!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
itsalifestyle said:
wow, that is pretty fast. how did you mount it?

5/16" grade 8 bolts, and ground down the factory a/c bracket a lil bit. Nothing my 4" angle grinder coudn't handle.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I lied its a 6 gal tank, not a five ( I just can't do math by myself) Luckily one of my best friends is a mechanical engineer. He just looked at me like I was retarted and thirty seconds later he said it was a six gal. Gotta love Penn State 4.0 Nerds

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
im installing mine now, but i have to get fittings and every place here closed at 6 lol. i cant wait to get mine back on, last one blew due to it running out of oil lol.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 709 for backup WHEN/ not if this one blows, I figured I would start with the small one so when I eventually put the 7 on it'll fseem like its flying.

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
put a filter and a oiler on that biotch

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
posting > u lol

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
thats what i have, no barcode at autozone so they just gave it to me, wheres the vid?

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
nice, what gallon tank and what psi was that at?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts