S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ASIDE from LKQ, who do y'all fellas in the lower 48 use? I saw mention of a good one here back when I first joined up and was hoping to find that one once more. I'm gonna be on the hunt for a ZR2 8.5" 10bolt complete rear, and a ZR2 Blazer fuel tank and straps in the near future.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it immensely.

-Greg

·
Registered
936 Posts
car-part.com

it's a national inventory.

Most places put a price a little higher on the website. when you call them, they'll ask a little cheaper

·
Killing Time
5,869 Posts
Careful when getting those S10 8.5 rears online or even calling....Most have absolutely no idea what to look for the confirm it actually is a 8.5 rear... The bulging axle tubes right out of the center section is the best/easiest tell tale sign for most to use...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I turn wrenches at a privately owned shop for a living and we may even have an acct. with 'em already so I'll check. Thanks for the words of advice Petro, I'm familiar with the differences and if the wrong shit shows up, it's going right the hell on back. :haha:

The guts wont matter too much to me, as It'll get a 1350 billet moser yoke, some Motive gears, Detroit Locker or True-Trac (not made my mind up yet, and am weighing the pros/cons of both in accordance for my goals with the truck), T/A Performance Diff cover w/ carrier cap stud kit, and a Master Install kit from Yukon. If the Stock axles give up, I'll probly grab up a set of Ten-Factory shafts (not a fan of Moser C-Clip units). I'll press my luck with the stockers though for shits and giggles. I think they'll be fine with no Transbrake.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
are you planning on trying to shorten the zr2 8.5?

Nope, it'll work PERFECT for my rear C6Z's.:p Done the math like eleventybillion times. PhilinTX posted up the long and the short of it in one of my threads, and there's another guy with a 1st gen with a ZR2 and C6Z's on his unnarrowed.:D My 305/35/18 Mickey's JUST WILL fit on the 18x10.5's. Should look sick, and be a damned near bolt it after I go through the rear with the mandatory go-fast stuff listed above.

I went diggin to find where we were discussing this; it's post #10 in one of my (2) build threads and this SHOULD be the link: http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/stroked-lq4-build-2nd-gen-444167/#post7011305

Here's where Phil did the math and added his .02 on it as well in post #26: http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/stroked-lq4-build-2nd-gen-444167/#post7039724

I appreciate everybody lookin' out for a brotha on here though, seriously. :)

·
drives a LSX zr2
1,071 Posts
ASIDE from LKQ, who do y'all fellas in the lower 48 use? I saw mention of a good one here back when I first joined up and was hoping to find that one once more. I'm gonna be on the hunt for a ZR2 8.5" 10bolt complete rear, and a ZR2 Blazer fuel tank and straps in the near future.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it immensely.

-Greg
try jeans in traverse city michigan. there one of mi biggest yards. #1-800-221-7107

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, and SoLowExtreme, I DO, but it's gonna be a month or so before my funds are right, I just did snatch up a super clean '98 std. cab. shrtd. bed 2.2L truck LAST NIGHT for a RIDICULOUS deal. Finances really werent up for the task, but I SERIOUSLY couldnt pass it up, so i'm in for a month of recovery, lol.

Thanks Phil and parks, I appreciate it. :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Phil spoke about spacers on the front in accordance with his 4wd drive front end. Have you figured out what size you'll need for a 2wd? Ive got a line on some split spokes for 400 bones and I dont want to pass them up.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Phil spoke about spacers on the front in accordance with his 4wd drive front end. Have you figured out what size you'll need for a 2wd? Ive got a line on some split spokes for 400 bones and I dont want to pass them up.
depending on the wheels, will likely need ~2.25-2.5" spacers to fit vette wheels on a 2wd

·
***1987 LSX S10***
2,818 Posts
Thanks guys, and SoLowExtreme, I DO, but it's gonna be a month or so before my funds are right, I just did snatch up a super clean '98 std. cab. shrtd. bed 2.2L truck LAST NIGHT for a RIDICULOUS deal. Finances really werent up for the task, but I SERIOUSLY couldnt pass it up, so i'm in for a month of recovery, lol.

Thanks Phil and parks, I appreciate it. :D
PM me

i have a 8.5 Housing & 98+ blazer tank...can work out something for when ur funds are available if you want

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PM me

i have a 8.5 Housing & 98+ blazer tank...can work out something for when ur funds are available if you want

Thanks for the heads up man, I may do that Monday more than likely. My internet is down @ the house right now, and I dont work in the shop on weekends.

I appreciate it though.

-Greg

Barry, I'm not sure what spacers are gonna be required for my C6's up front. I would probly PM the fell w/the orange 1st gen and see what spindles/brakes he's running and go from there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.