S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1982 GMC S15 that originally had a 1.9, 4 cylinder but I’ve replaced it with a 350 V8. I’m needing help with the wiring on f someone could help it be appropriated.

·
Been there Done it
8,383 Posts
With the age of the truck I'd assume you went carbed.
Pink to coil
Purple to starter
White to tach
Dk Green to temp sender
IIRC oil pressure is Dk blue, might be tan.
Grey to fuel pump.
Anything else?

·
Been there Done it
8,383 Posts
Don't know as there is a diagram for an 82 S15 swapped to a carbed 350. Nearly every swap is done differently by the builder. Some good. Some not so.
If you're looking for the original wiring diagrams i believe section 8 of the service manual is the electrical section.
Here's a manual cheap, S10 and S15 are the same.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I
Don't know as there is a diagram for an 82 S15 swapped to a carbed 350. Nearly every swap is done differently by the builder. Some good. Some not so.
If you're looking for the original wiring diagrams i believe section 8 of the service manual is the electrical section.
Here's a manual cheap, S10 and S15 are the same.
[/URL]
'm not sure where the wire on the bottom of the Distributor goes.

·
Been there Done it
8,383 Posts
To any pink wire. They're hot when key is on. An 82 should have one in the vicinity of your distributor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To any pink wire. They're hot when key is on. An 82 should have one in the vicinity of your distributor.
I'll look this after noon, also my right turn signal indicator on the gauge cluster comes on when i pull the knob to turn the lights on.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
23,784 Posts
Biggest cause of bizarre electrical problems with S10's is usually bad grounds. Check every wire that's attached to the frame, block, under the dash, and firewall.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
23,784 Posts
They're scattered all over the place. That's why I said to look all over the frame. Doing that also gives you a chance to inspect every inch of the frame. Frame, block, core support, firewall...inside and out, are all good places to check for grounds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1982 GMC S15 that originally had a 1.9, 4 cylinder but I’ve replaced it with a 350 V8. I’m needing help with the wiring on f someone could help it be appropriated.
What engine and transmission did you use?
Thanks for you help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts