S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon. I am writing through a translator, so please forgive me in advance if something is not clear.
I did a major overhaul of the engine, unfortunately I did not take a control photo of this element, and now I cannot understand what comes here and how it is connected. Please tell me. If I'm in the wrong section, please forgive me.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Tire Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Gun Totin *******
1,725 Posts
It is an optional feature in the casting of the engine block as the engine was used in many different things world wide. Unused in your application.

@alex6691 Would love to see more pictures as you go along on your build, see how other people in the rest of the world do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
unfortunately, I am making this car for a client, and since I am from Poland, the client saves a lot on spare parts and labor and leaves some components untouched. this is especially true for attachments. I hope you understand what I'm talking about and the translator conveyed the idea correctly. I tried to make it perfect, but the budget is severely cut, you have to make it "practical". If you are interested I will take more photos of the engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, I'll take a photo of the truck too. unfortunately, the owner bought it not long ago and the body, although not rotten, does not look presentable. painting, someone else will do it, I'm a bad car painter

·
Been there Done it
14,403 Posts
And thank you from all of us for the help you are providing Ukraine. You have saved many lives.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Меня больше интересуют отличия грузовика европейского стандарта от грузовика для внутреннего рынка, даже такого старого и твердого, каким он может быть. Большое спасибо и удачи в нем!
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
oooh gentlemen, I will disappoint you, this is a purebred American, was bought some time ago in the USA, brought to Germany, where a German made it, after which a work colleague bought it. it turned out that the German was not conscientious and poured a thickener into the engine oil so that the engine would not knock. after some time, I noticed a colleague that his car was smoking suspiciously. and after changing the oil, it turned out that the engine was knocking. since we have very few people who know how to make Americans, a colleague had a car and he could not drive it. I rent a workshop for my car and I really love American cars, although I can’t buy myself one, because they cost 4-5 thousand dollars, and I don’t have that amount. I suggested making a colleague's engine, and when I started to disassemble I found a squirrel's nest between the engine and the gearbox !!!!! of course I was shocked by this, I think that this car was not driving in the USA for a very long time. When I dismantled the engine, it turned out that it was catastrophically destroyed. The shaft was so worn out that the liners in some places turned into a thin layer, the shaft itself did not lend itself to regrinding, they bought a new one. completely front suspension as well. I persuaded a colleague, as his suspension was in very poor condition. I also cleaned and painted the frame, covered it with special wax inside, and bitumite on the outside. Now the engine is assembled, I have already installed it on the frame and I am starting to fold it for the first winding. I am very sorry that I am not doing this car for myself, as I put a piece of my soul into it. but I'm glad I can do it, I love American cars. I myself work as a tig, mag, mig welder, and auto repair is my passion =)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I myself am from Ukraine, more precisely from Mariupol. I came to Poland 4 years ago, because it was hard with work in our city. Now I am very glad that I moved then, because when the war began, I was able to shelter a lot of people, now I have already helped many find work and housing. My parents are alive, after the start of the war I had no contact with them for 18 days. I was sincerely glad when my mother wrote an SMS that they had left Mariupol. went out under shelling and bombing, you can't even imagine what's going on there. corpses on the street and crazy Russian soldiers who shoot absolutely everything, even those who have already been killed. So many children have died that it can't fit in my head. I'm glad you don't get this on TV because you can go crazy. Poland does a lot for us, they don't give social benefits, but they provide housing and food. I can’t even imagine how much pressure is now on their budget. Since the war, I have personally been able to pick up from the border and shelter 9 people from my city. To be honest, the first week was the hardest. my parents lost all their property and came to me with small backpacks containing documents, but as they say: the main thing is that they are alive! I took my sister in last December to my place and it was very good, because dad would not have survived if my sister was there with them.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
32,544 Posts
I myself am from Ukraine, more precisely from Mariupol. I came to Poland 4 years ago, because it was hard with work in our city. Now I am very glad that I moved then, because when the war began, I was able to shelter a lot of people, now I have already helped many find work and housing. My parents are alive, after the start of the war I had no contact with them for 18 days. I was sincerely glad when my mother wrote an SMS that they had left Mariupol. went out under shelling and bombing, you can't even imagine what's going on there. corpses on the street and crazy Russian soldiers who shoot absolutely everything, even those who have already been killed. So many children have died that it can't fit in my head. I'm glad you don't get this on TV because you can go crazy. Poland does a lot for us, they don't give social benefits, but they provide housing and food. I can’t even imagine how much pressure is now on their budget. Since the war, I have personally been able to pick up from the border and shelter 9 people from my city. To be honest, the first week was the hardest. my parents lost all their property and came to me with small backpacks containing documents, but as they say: the main thing is that they are alive! I took my sister in last December to my place and it was very good, because dad would not have survived if my sister was there with them.
Good for you and we wish you, your family and countrymen the best of luck.

Reactions: alex6691

·
Gun Totin *******
1,725 Posts
If used, a mechanical fuel pump would bolt into that hole and be driven by a lobe on the camshaft. If a remote electric fuel pump were used, this hole would have a cover plate.
Not entirely correct. The boss was cast into and block machined without a through hole to drive a mechanical fuel pump via camshaft lobe. No cover needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
При использовании механический топливный насос ввинчивается в это отверстие и приводится в действие кулачком на распределительном валу. Если бы использовался выносной электрический топливный насос, это отверстие было бы закрыто крышкой .
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
СКвозного отверстия точно нет. Я проверял

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not entirely correct. The boss was cast into and block machined without a through hole to drive a mechanical fuel pump via camshaft lobe. No cover needed.
Dear friend, help! I can not understand why my distance between the holes does not fall into place. did I install the pillows correctly?
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle

Hood Wood Automotive exterior Fender Bumper

1 - 20 of 20 Posts