S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im goong to replace my pitman arm on my 2003 s10 zr2 tomorrow and need some tips. I looked at it today and there is no way i can fit a pitman arm removal tool on it. It is a super tight area. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Been there Done it
7,049 Posts
Since you are removing it to replace it and won't be using it again, use a small cutoff wheel to put a slit in the side of it, almost to the splines. Then they come off pretty easy. But I have always been able to get my pitman arm puller in to finish the job. You could also try removing 2 of the three bolts that hold the steering box to swivel it a bit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since you are removing it to replace it and won't be using it again, use a small cutoff wheel to put a slit in the side of it, almost to the splines. Then they come off pretty easy. But I have always been able to get my pitman arm puller in to finish the job. You could also try removing 2 of the three bolts that hold the steering box to swivel it a bit.
Thanks for the idea, i took two of the bolts out but it would not budge i think i am going to remove the whole box.

·
UnderDawg
17 Posts
took mine completely off bolted it to the side off my work trailer to get it off an d torque it down, I don't remember the torque specs pretty sure it was 150Ft. lbs or more

1 - 9 of 9 Posts