S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if it's been done or possible,I'm sure it is possible with a little creativity, but I wanted to take the back top of a 92 blazer and put it on an 83 s10 bed. It's a long bed so it would look like a stretched blazer. The bed and cab would be welded together. I'm sure anything's possible with a grinder and welder.

·
Been there Done it
7,591 Posts
Sounds like you have been watching to much Roadkill.
Anything is possible with a grinder and a welder. What it looks like and how well it works are where the time and money come in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea what road kill is. I'm a fabricator so cutting something up and putting it together isnt a problem. All i was asking if anyone has seen it done or has any ideas on what would need to be done. Now I remember why i dont get on this group much. There isnt much help here unless your freinds with everyone and build what everyone else wants to see, i wanna see something different than the same everyday truck.

·
Been there Done it
7,591 Posts
Lighten up dude. How was I to know you are an experienced builder? We get 16 years asking questions like that on here.
How do you plan to handle seating in the bed portion? Or will it simply be a 2 seater with lots of inside storage?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No seating its gonna be walled of for the subs and the air tanks and solenoids will be mounted back there too. The truck has a seat mounted in the bed now so I may stay with that. Sorry I went off but just tired of always hearing ls swap it. It's already got a 350 in it. I've been building for over 20 years so not some young kid with a dream

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
370 Posts
So you would be welding the rear top part of a '92 S-10 Blazer to the bed or a fullsize? Would you be keeping the windows too or smoothing off the sides. Sounds like it would be the modern day version of an old Nomad 2 door wagon. You could even paint on the side chrome moldings of the 55-57 Nomad style to really make a bold new look.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you would be welding the rear top part of a '92 S-10 Blazer to the bed or a fullsize? Would you be keeping the windows too or smoothing off the sides. Sounds like it would be the modern day version of an old Nomad 2 door wagon. You could even paint on the side chrome moldings of the 55-57 Nomad style to really make a bold new look.
The top back of an s10 blazer onto a long bed s10. No windows. I know theres gonna be alot of modifying the top to make it fit

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am a design engineer, and I would think probably the best way to do that would be take the box off the s10 and drop the complete back of the Blazer onto the frame. Keep the cab of the s10 and rear of the blazer separate.. sort of like a topper/camper on the back and cab up front.. and just weld a divider onto the front of the back blazer piece..that way you keep the frame /box lfexibility of the s10 truck..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That makes sense. Right now I have a walk thru so I'd just have to lengthen the blazer back half to line up right?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The floor would have to be cut out,right? Aren't the frames different on the s10 an the blazer because of leg room for the back seat?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello,

The Blazer top is shorter than a long bed S10 so you'll need to stretch the top somewhere to get it to cover the whole bed. You might need two tops to have enough material. I'm not sure what that does to the window openings, but custom glass or Lexan might be necessary.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello,

The Blazer top is shorter than a long bed S10 so you'll need to stretch the top somewhere to get it to cover the whole bed. You might need two tops to have enough material. I'm not sure what that does to the window openings, but custom glass or Lexan might be necessary.
It's not going to windows on the side so that wont be a problem there. I did notice that the distance from the wheels to the bumper is longer on the long bed so that's where I'll have to stretch it.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
826 Posts
if you are going for just the look of the blazer rear it would me an easier fab just to take the rear frame for the lift glass and surround from rear forward to where side windows start as a unit and cut the rear of bed and attach the cut down to bed. Then extend that forward with a tube frame to front of bed,finish it up by wrapping a a couple of supports over your tubes,then cover with a plexi sheet or aluminium.OR find a bed cap and mod it to fill the area in between the cab and the new rear asssembly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts