S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently my 93 4x4 S10 blazer is an automatic that shifts on the column. I have converted the tranny to a Turbo 350.

Question:
I would like to install a floor shifter but, not sure what to do about the steering column. I do not feel like shifting in and out of park to stop and start the truck then use the floor shifter to do the actual shifting.

Can I put a column from a stick into my blazer without needing to modfiy the wiring?

If so does anyone know what model year steering columns would work in my blazer?

Any other suggestions or input on converting this to a floor shift would be great.

Thanks
eric.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think you can get a piece that will fit in your steering column if you remove the shifter from it. I have heard of people installing this type of a replacement section in their columns before. i an not sure where to get them though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
im thinkin of doing somehting like this...removing my column shifter and putting in a floor console ****er from a blazer and putting a b&m shifter inplace of the stock one....im just not sure how to apraoch it....if anyone has any tips i would appreciate it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried to take apart my steering column to tighten the tilt mechanism. Major PITA, never did get it taken apart enough to fix that so replacing the section of the steering column with the shifter seems pretty tough.

I can swap out the column pretty easily. Just want to make sure that a column from a manual will have the same wiring harness as my automatic has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts