S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the group. My issue is that my 1992 s10 2.8l will shut down randomly. It won’t spit or sputter. Just dies. But if I take out the spark plug out of cylinder one and turn it over it will try to start. Then I put my spark plug back in and it fires right up.. I’m lost and so are my local car pros. I’ve replaced the wires/plugs/ cap/ rotor/ ignition coil. And put a plate over my egr because it failed. This has all been weeks ago and ran fine until last Friday . 4 days ago

·
Administrator
21,734 Posts
Not sure what the plug would have to do with it. I had an '85 2.8 Blazer that would refuse to start..turned out to be the ignition module and pick up coil in the distributor.

·
Gun Totin Redneck
1,145 Posts
I has a similar problem that happened on a dyno run of 91 TBI turned out to be the oil pressure switch. I replaced ignition module and coil chasing the problem as well. Turns out the 250k mile switch from 1991 was worn out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I has a similar problem that happened on a dyno run of 91 TBI turned out to be the oil pressure switch. I replaced ignition module and coil chasing the problem as well. Turns out the 250k mile switch from 1991 was worn out.
Did the spark plug thing happen as well. That’s what’s really puzzling me

·
Gun Totin Redneck
1,145 Posts
The plug thing never happened to me, my guess is that it is shaking the motor enough to make the switch work or it is shaking it enough to come off a dead short or bad ground. I have not looked at a wiring diagram enough to see if you could jumper the oil pressure switch lead to test the theory. Maybe a wiring guru could enlighten us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts