S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna get a phantom grille for my 88 s10 pickup but i can only find ones for blazers, any help would be appreciated

·
Rarely goes over 20mph
3,163 Posts
s10= truck
s10=blazer

chevy s10 blazer.

same thing.. just ones a suv ones a truck

when i hit a deer in my 91 s10 truck, i used the whole front end off a 94 chevy blazer, fit on my truck just fine..

·
Rarely goes over 20mph
3,163 Posts
1st gen s10's and blazers use the same grille. any phantom billet for a 91-93 will work
might wanna rethink thats.

1st gens have 2 major styles, 82-90 3 peice, and 91-93 1 peice

blazers are 83-91 and 92-94.

theres the 3 peice style, and a 1 peice style. buying a 88 grille for a 91 truck wont work, without the 88 core support, and grille trim peices.

91 grille on a 88, needs a core support and the grille

moral of my posts, but the 82-90 3 peice phantom grille, which should be about $100.

if you want the fullface 91-93 that covers the headlights, youll need the grille system, about $350, and the 91-93 core support

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
might wanna rethink thats.

1st gens have 2 major styles, 82-90 3 peice, and 91-93 1 peice

blazers are 83-91 and 92-94.

theres the 3 peice style, and a 1 peice style. buying a 88 grille for a 91 truck wont work, without the 88 core support, and grille trim peices.

91 grille on a 88, needs a core support and the grille

moral of my posts, but the 82-90 3 peice phantom grille, which should be about $100.

if you want the fullface 91-93 that covers the headlights, youll need the grille system, about $350, and the 91-93 core support

The phantom grilles for a first gen fit any of them. You can get the phantom insert and cut the shell yourself or buy the whole kit but it still fits any first gen core support.

The normal billet grilles are what you are thinking of and they are different.

Phantom grille

Billet grilles
(3 piece grille)

(1 piece grilles)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The phantom grilles for a first gen fit any of them. You can get the phantom insert and cut the shell yourself or buy the whole kit but it still fits any first gen core support.

The normal billet grilles are what you are thinking of and they are different.

Phantom grille

Billet grilles
(3 piece grille)

(1 piece grilles)

hey neo, the light blue truck with the phantom girlle, do you know where that crome billet bumper came from, or where i can get one

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
Its a google search but I can tell you its a toyota bumper

·
The Static Drop Experts
2,260 Posts
The blue truck was mine. Phantom Grille was from TRENZ. Grille shell was from 91-93 Blazer.

Bumper was Toyota Pickup 89-95. Valance was 89-91.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been reading the comments on this page, I have an 83' S10 Blazer. I have the big grille in the front. I want to put a phantom grille on it. So I cant just buy the phantom grille and install it? If not what else is needed and cost? Please help.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have been reading the comments on this page, I have an 83' S10 Blazer. I have the big grille in the front. I want to put a phantom grille on it. So I cant just buy the phantom grille and install it? If not what else is needed and cost? Please help.

I would like to know if I need the headlight buckets if im switching over to the 1 piece grill ?

I have an 88 jimmy with the 3 piece grill/light trim.

I want to get a phantom for my truck and need to know if I need anything else to mount it to my truck ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts