S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
Having problems with the passenger side rear squatting too much on launch. Just wondering what people do to fix this. Has Ford 8.8 with lower control arms, Leaf springs with adjustable shocks. Shock setting on passenger side is the stiffest (50/50) with driver side on weakest (70/30). I'd like to get it to squat as evenly as possible. No traction problems at all. Would chaining the drivers side front to keep it from lifting so much help? Or should I just try to find a stiffer leaf spring setup with stiffer shock? Any help is appreciated!

1983 s10
383 sbc; natural
1.51 60'
7.02 ET @ 1/8
TH350 with trans brake

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have seen a s10 where they did make the control where it could only move so far. What are you running for the rest of the susp if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi all!
Having problems with the passenger side rear squatting too much on launch. Just wondering what people do to fix this. Has Ford 8.8 with lower control arms, Leaf springs with adjustable shocks. Shock setting on passenger side is the stiffest (50/50) with driver side on weakest (70/30). I'd like to get it to squat as evenly as possible. No traction problems at all. Would chaining the drivers side front to keep it from lifting so much help? Or should I just try to find a stiffer leaf spring setup with stiffer shock? Any help is appreciated!

1983 s10
383 sbc; natural
1.51 60'
7.02 ET @ 1/8
TH350 with trans brake
Do you have a rear anti sway bar ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Heres the picture I was talking about this dude is on yellow bullet. If you look close the left side looks pinned because the other side is hanging down further

·
Administrator
20,896 Posts
Thank you for the interesting information. I like to travel by car. And soon I'm flying to Malaga. I'd like to know about renting a car. Is it profitable? I just found the website of car rental malaga airport service and planned to travel in a rented car. I think it will be cool and fun. Have you ever traveled in a rented car?

I don't want to sound rude, but your posts smell of spam. Seems to me I've asked about your location and a pic of your truck..... nothing. If info isn't here by tomorrow, I'll have to make some decisions....your link doesn't work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Rhotpursuit
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing