S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Apologize if this is in the wrong spot, but just purchased a 2nd Gen 4x4 crew cab. Wondering how rare these are. It's not my first s10 but first in awhile. Never saw one like this before. Few issues with interior as well as other things, but the interior parts are probably a lot harder to come by. Can I get parts out of Sonoma, Jimmy's and blazers for interior parts?

· Premium Member
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
2,169 Posts
While I don't have production numbers, generally it isn't that rare or unusual. There are plenty of them still out there in the wild. A good amount of interior parts can be used from the others you mentioned, depending on the particular part; however, some were vehicle specific.
Can you post some pictures of the truck?

· Registered
231 Posts
agrees w/aitch...my local pick-a-part yard has plenty of 10's and some Sonoma's to pick from...in my case (a 2000 S10 LS 4x4), it's been my experience that if I stay from '99 and up, many interior parts are identical, except Sonomas, which are GMC's hi dollar S10 version, so their interiors are a tad fancier-but a lot of interior parts are still interchangeable..Blazers tend to be more specific on some, but not all, interior parts since they aint pickups....for me, since I love goin to the pick-it yard anyways (kinda like Tim The Tool Man Taylor in Harry's Hardware), best thing is to take pics of yer part, then just go "window-shopping"

· Registered
101 Posts
any rarity would probably be due to the four door only being offered with four wheel drive. in my normal travels which are somewhat limited i've seen maybe three other than mine. if i could i'd by another in a heartbeat.

· Premium Member
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
2,169 Posts
Nice looking truck. One thing that isn't as common are the ZR5 wheels, which I'm partial toward (and have a set on my Sonoma).

· Registered
231 Posts
I have one, plan a stepside bedswap onto it some day.
I frequent all the pick a part type establishments in my area and have never seen a crew at one.
yes..def. agree this model is rarer...but I'd imagine most interior parts, other than the crew area, should be interchangelble w/the cab common models...and the Orig Poster didnt specify WHAT particular interior parts he was in search of.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Driverside door pull in the dark blue and possibly a drivers seat. Seat back adjustment pin broke.

As a side note also have an 85 that I'm looking for bucket seats to put in. The early gen2 ones would be nice but at this point I'd take anything.

Pic of the Gen1
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

· Registered
19 Posts
Those two pieces should interchange with a similar Blazer, and maybe even a regular truck.

The interior pieces that don't interchange with anything else are in the rear, the rear door panels, rear seat, etc.

I have a 2002 Chevy crew cab, it's rough, a real project truck. My wife has a 2004 Sonoma crew cab, other than the passenger doors, it's pretty nice.

The crew cab isn't exceptionally rare, but also isn't very common. They're pretty desirable. But finding crew cab specific parts is definitely a challenge. It's amazing how yards will carelessly damage the crew cab specific pieces. The Sonoma has damage to the rear passenger door, and the front passenger door was replaced with the door from a 2 door. After we bought it, I saw one online in a salvage yard, the same year and color. I jumped in my full size with the tools to get the doors. Got there to find that the clown driving the skidder in the yard had ruined both doors, slamming the tops of the forks into them. I bought a set of doors cheap the other day, unfortunately, the passenger rear door is really in worse shape than the one we have. I will fix what we have. I just do not like major body work. I can use the front door I bought. I may fix the other two, and sell some doors in primer.

· Hardhead
1,231 Posts
I'm no body guru by any means but I have read that the piece that goes under the doors is derived from the Blazer. I really like these trucks but I'll never buy one just because of how prone they are to rusting, it would drive me insane.

· Registered
72 Posts
The crew cabs are pretty common here in Pennsylvania. In fact, I saw an absolutely GORGEOUS 4X4 one yesterday. Had no rust, and body was very straight. Had to ask about. 47k original miles, was the guy’s dad’s truck. Original everything. Had the old GM gold paint job

· Registered
48 Posts
Im looking for one at a salvage yards also there kinda hard to come by only 3 run around in my town other than mine. I wish you luck. im wanting 03& up seats for my 02. Shes a work in progress

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

· Registered
19 Posts
I have suddenly stopped seeing them in salvage yards around here in middle TN. It's funny, not long ago, there were a fair number of all types of S trucks, although very few crew cabs. In the last 3-4 months, practically nothing shows in the inventory of any of the yards.

I'm always looking. I'd really like to find a pair of cherry passenger doors for the wife's Sonoma, that truck is super nice otherwise, and fully loaded. I know that the front door they put on it doesn't fit right, pretty sure it is from a two door, the trailing edge doesn't line up at all. I have another crew cab front door, but it is rougher than I'd like to start with for this truck. I won't make it perfect, but I do want to make it really nice. She's saving money for the 6" lift, wheels, tires, and a stereo.

My little S-10 crew cab is a beater, the interior is a wreck, I need several pieces for that. And there's no rust, but there's also not a straight panel on it, it needs a bumper and some other pieces. The transmission is bad, too. But I bought it dirt cheap. It's nothing special, not a low mile or well optioned ride like her Sonoma, so I may not keep it. I do have a square body 4 door Blazer, it's already lifted, has a built transmission, and I have a really nice 4.3 on the stand for it. It's going to be my daily, at least until my little crew cab is done. I have a 3500 crew cab Dooley, and I want to keep the miles off of that and keep it safe. I couldn't replace it if anything were to happen to it, it's a loaded low mile cream puff with an 8.1 Vortec.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts