S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Some of u might remember my old build. I had a 2004 4door blazer on James Duff radius arms. My name was bikerkid00. Well long story short I was in the process of swapping in a D60 and decided to build a tube chassis instead.
While building that chassis I built a few race jeeps for our race team Bosracing. A JL and a JK. We race in 4600 class of ultra 4. I got to co-drive in one of our main races King of the Hammers last year! It was an amazing experience and I was hooked. The brain started rolling and I decided I am gonna build my own and race! So I traded my chassis for an s10 and here I am!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The s10 is a 4x4 and had a blown motor when I got it but I got a 2007 5.3L to swap into it. I also got a 14bolt and hp d60 for the build. Being that I wanna race it I decided to design a triangulated 4 link for the rear. I removed the bed and boxed the frame and started the 4 link.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing I knew I had to do was shorten the wheel base so I took 10” out of the wb which puts me around 113 or so. I also knew I wanted to have the lower mounts go through frame so it doesn’t hang up which makes it harder to get the right geometry but I got it all figured out and am very happy with how it turned out. I will double shear that and finish all boxing on other brackets I just wanted to get it on wheels so I can swap in motor!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next was taking 10” out of front of bed and decided on 14.5” out of the rear of the bed! Should be a great departure angle. I welded solid tube between frame and axle for ride height till I can afford coil overs. I’m paying for a wedding at the moment. And that is how it sits now. Oh I also gutted the inside cuz it smelt so bad. Might swap to new dash if it’s possible I think I have everything to do it. Next will be removing front suspension and diff and putting motor in!

·
Hardhead
867 Posts
I don't think the later model dash would be an easy swap, the mounts are totally different. What did you get the HP 60 out of?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys sorry been dealing with wedding, honeymoon and surgery since the last posts.
the D60 is a is a Ford HP kingpin 60. With arb and 5.38s.
I’ve just been busy with life and side jobs and haven’t got to work on the project. Soon hopefully I’ll be back at it. Got to rework some stuff on race jeep before King of the Hammers too so that will come first too!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
964C0890-8D56-45D5-9F86-B6E2E554D0CC.jpeg
Got the 5.3l into the s10 along with the 4L60e and the dual cases! Still need to make mounts for the cases but motor mounts are done. Had to cut a hole in the floor to fit the dual cases without them hanging below frame rail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited by Moderator)
I think I might run the Sonoma front end I am liking the look! Just need to get a drivers side headlight. Also replaced passenger door that was caved in from previous owner hitting something. And both doors are gutted too now
231D9826-6571-403E-A04F-A2C71AEB3A2B.jpeg
7F36268D-CC4F-4A31-A7E4-9A486F4F4150.jpeg

·
Hardhead
867 Posts
Good to see you're still working on it. So. what are you running for transfer cases? That's an awful big hole to fill in! When you started bobbing the box, did you think it might be easier to start with a crew cab box? I'd thought about it but I'm just not that ambitious. Looks like you got it under control though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to see you're still working on it. So. what are you running for transfer cases? That's an awful big hole to fill in! When you started bobbing the box, did you think it might be easier to start with a crew cab box? I'd thought about it but I'm just not that ambitious. Looks like you got it under control though.
It’s a np203/205 with front digs. I just used the bed it came with. I cant see spending money on a different bed when I can make the one I got how I want it. Ya the hole in the cabs not a big issue. I’ll have that patched up tomorrow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Front digs are basically disengaging rear wheels and only front wheel drive. It helps a lot for tight turns. All it takes is some machining on shift rails

·
time to get cereal
2,607 Posts
That bed looks way better than a crewcab bed ever would... the crew boxes were made for the Brazilian S10, would look better with the Hombre front end. The plastic flares look like garbage compared to the metal bedsides. They don't match the front at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts