S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mr. LowLyfe
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Shot at 2007-07-23

TRUCK EXAMPLE!!!!

I CIRCLED THE AREA WHERE ITS RUSTED ALOT!!!!

CAN I BUY REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR THE EXT CAB AREA ( BOTTOM AREA) AND THE AREA UNDER THE DOOR?????

OR DO I HAVE TO HAVE A BODYSHOP CUT IT OUT AND PUT NEW METAL IN ??

ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME

·
Heavy Metal Body Man
5,363 Posts
lol you shouldnt sound so excited over rust, but seriously, they should make new stamped out rockers and cab corners for your truck, i know they make them for 2nd gen, i had to replace my cab corners back when i had my beater truck, got em locally for $43 a side for extended cab, im sure they make them for 1st gen too

you can attempt to replace it yourself, but without proper corrosion protection materials and proper repair procedure (i.e. cobble it together in your backyard...) its just going to come back again in a short amount of time, if you take it to a reputable shop that does it correctly, you should get at least another 5-7 years out of the cab corners and rockers depending on what kind of climate you live in and how often you drive it... if you live in a dry area and dont drive it in crappy weather, youll get much more life out of it

typically when we get something like that in our shop, and we dont scare them off, rocker replacement for both sides would be $600-$900 depending on vehicle and extent of rot

1 - 2 of 2 Posts