S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '84 S10 Blazer with a '99 frame, I have cut the whole floorboard out and done a full body drop. The frame sticks up too high in the body. If I build a floor over it, my seats will be too high and everything will be off. How do I remedy the situation???

·
Registered
526 Posts
Old school. Leave the floor in, trace out the frame from underneath, then cut only the places where the frame sticks through. That's how my buddy did with an old car with a ladder frame.
Sounds like you opened a can of worms without reading the cautions and instructions.
But please keep us posted, I am interested in seeing how you get 'er done.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Old school. Leave the floor in…
That is called channeling. But ownt work since he has cut the floor out already.
I have an '84 S10 Blazer with a '99 frame,
that’s your first issue.
I have cut the whole floorboard out and done a full body drop.
that’s your second issue.
The frame sticks up too high in the body.
yessir, see above comment
If I build a floor over it, my seats will be too high
most use different seats, but what seats do you have?
and everything will be off. How do I remedy the situation???
well, sparky, there is more than 30 years of instructions on what you are doing all over google.

Sounds like you are way over your head in this already, and in all honesty, id get another blazer body since you have cut the floor out of the current one.

What you need to do, is cut the front suspension off of the blazer frame and throw the blazer frame in the trash. Then build a 3x3 frame and mount it to the front suspension piece you cut off, and run it back to the rear of the blazer.

You only need to cut out the trans tunnel to raise it, and the rear section for your frame rail c notch, 2, 3, 4 whatever link set up you go with.

The seats stay in the stock location, as well as everything else, except for any center consoles you might have, since that section will get raised.

Or, the second best thing, is buy someone’s bodied blazer and make it your own. I see bodied s10s/blazers go for around 2500. Much easier than doing it yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts