S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cornland S-dime
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '91 S-10 2WD 4.3L with the 5-speed manual. I recently rebuilt the engine and therefore changed my clutch and put new fluid in the tranny. I've recently noticed that the transmission shakes badly when you let out on the clutch when shifting into first gear or reverse. Once you are moving, it is perfectly smooth throughout all the gears. My transmission is covered in oil yet the engine is clean. The fluid I was told to use was ATF fluid, Dextron I believe. Is my case cracked? Is my front seal blown? Did I use the wrong fluid? Should I have used Gear Lube? The clutch doesnt slip at all. Any comments would be appreciated

·
the youngest has been
4,358 Posts
leachc said:
I've got a '91 S-10 2WD 4.3L with the 5-speed manual. I recently rebuilt the engine and therefore changed my clutch and put new fluid in the tranny. I've recently noticed that the transmission shakes badly when you let out on the clutch when shifting into first gear or reverse. Once you are moving, it is perfectly smooth throughout all the gears. My transmission is covered in oil yet the engine is clean. The fluid I was told to use was ATF fluid, Dextron I believe. Is my case cracked? Is my front seal blown? Did I use the wrong fluid? Should I have used Gear Lube? The clutch doesnt slip at all. Any comments would be appreciated
wrong fluid, you should ahve used syncromesh for a 4.3 5 speed, it also sounds like you have a busted drive side motor mount causing the shaking, could also be some hot spots on the fly/PP. what clutch set did you use? and was the flywheel resurfaced?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts