S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the vortec and powerdyne s/c's, the vortec does not say how much boost it puts out, what is the highest a stock 4.3l can handle?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now if I get an s/c on a new xtreme, would I see anyproblems in the long run, if I leave the motor stock, other then a chip, exaust, and intake. I will most likely get the vortec or powerdyne, the powerdyne is 7psi, and the vortec is 7-9psi. I am not made of money, and want to do other things other then performance in the future. I also want to be able to low 14's. comments please

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
Well theoretically there could be problems with any setup, I am sure if you talked to Bill Mach from www.machperformance.com he could give you more specs than I could.

but I would definatly do a free flowing exhaust (i.e. headers, muffler, cat,) the kits should come with their own intake you should use... and the computer reprogramming if I were you I'd go through bill mach to have done anyway...

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Man, I'd highly recomend the Mach Performance's ATI Procharger kit over the Vortech or Powerdyne. Powerdyne is crap, and Vortech isn't intercooled.

·
Registered
96 Posts
catfish said:
I was looking at the vortec and powerdyne s/c's, the vortec does not say how much boost it puts out, what is the highest a stock 4.3l can handle?
One of the members on this board used our supercharger kit, and is producing over 300rwhp. Compared to his stock dyno runs, it was about a 100% rwhp gain. He was running 10lbs with stock engine and headers, y-pipe and cat back exhaust.

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
this aint bad either. :booty:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts