S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ZipN
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planing on gettting a procharger, but i was thinking about how I could put less stress on my car, I figured after the s/c has compressed the air, sometime before it enters the intake, have a valve that could open to letting some of the compressed air out(putting less strain on your engine), then you could close the valve to fully use the supercharger....would this be possable? if so what are some sugestions..

Because i dont really need my s/c all the time, so having control of the boost on the fly would be great...how can i?

The image is a summary of what im trying to say. Any sugestions or ideas are welcome

Thanks, Nelson

Attachments

·
ZipN
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come On, i need some help here!

·
Registered
160 Posts
The way you can control the boost is not flooring it!!!! You wont make any boost at all driving under normal conditions... the only reason you'll even notice the supercharger (if you get the procharger) is the noise under normal part-throttle operation.. Get into the gas a little, make pound or two of boost...no big deal... Floor it... you'll know its there.

no need for bypass valves, except for the blowoff valve that comes with the kit. This will vent the extra air when you floor it and then let off the gas. If you didnt have one, you'd blow the throttle body/air intake off every time you let off the gas after a blast because all that air would have nowhere to go

later

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
nlummus

your idea already exists. it comes with every blower kit for our trucks.

·
ZipN
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but does the bypass valve have a control you can open and close from inside the truck?

·
Registered
940 Posts
nlummus said:
but does the bypass valve have a control you can open and close from inside the truck?
no, it works off the vacum lines, it stays open until u floor it then it closes when you get to 0 vacum and that is when you go into boost, honestly your idea is good, but i ve driven a supercharged truck in traffic, highway, merging, etc. if you drive normally you won t be in boost youll still get good gas milage and you won t be doing any harm to your motor, its only when you floor it you know it is there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
think of the control for your valve as your gas pedal.

·
zippy
733 Posts
it's a decent idea except that if you run the m.a.f. sensor before the blower, it's going to see way more air than getting into the engine causing a very rich condition. boost should be controled by pulley size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts