S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I aquired a 1987 Bronco II with a 2.9L engine and 5 speed transmission in it about a month ago.
I have always been a GM guy, and I have been offered a 1987 S-15 Jimmy with the 2.8L engine in it and the automatic transmission with the overdrive.
I will be looking at the Jimmy on saturday, so not being familure with the small GM trucks I was hoping to get some info.
What things should I be looking for as far as potential trouble on this truck.
This truck has a body lift and is running 31's, how will it's highway driving compare to a B2 running 30's.
What type of off road performance can I expect from a rig like this that is stock in every other way.
Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
2.8L have prob with the 2 bolts on the back exhaust port on the pass side and some times the front 2 on the drivers side braking off in the head. Look for the bolt heads, if you don't see them stick your finger down there and if you feel the bolt you can fix them in the truck. If not then plan on taken the heads off. Also 2.8l tend to have intake mani leaks so I always put a new intake set on them when i 1st get them. Valve covers tent to leak a little oil (hee hee) but thats easy to see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't buy the S-15.
The day we were suppose to do the trade the guy didn't show because the alternator went.
Next day he takes it out and the main bearings go in the engine

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Hey...how much was the guy asking for it?? There are a lot of Jimmy and Blazers around here for cheap right now. Some are fairly good deals. They do good/great in 4x4 and trail climbing..At least our '98 does. My '91 seemed pretty good too for having over 400,000kms on it.

Nate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts