S-10 Forum banner

S-15 Inner/outer Fender swap to ZR2 Fender?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rkduet 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anybody ventured to change the fenders on a regular S-10/S-15 to a ZR2 inner and outer fender package? I have bought a 95" Jimmy 4x4 with wrecked front end. I need to replace front clip anyway so I was thinking hmm, you know where I'm going with this. Any thoughts, ideas, or success? This is in the name of tire clearance. Since Bushwhacker or any one else doesn't't offer a cut out fender flare for 2nd gen.

#4 ·
The reason for this is bigger tires and different rim offset . I just want clearance that I can't achieve without cut out fender flares. I achieved 2" fore and aft of clearance on my 89 with Bushwhacker Cut Outs that allows me 33's with 15x8 3-3/4 ' rim offset. Clearance is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately there aren't - that I can find - any aftermarket cut outs available for a Gen 2. Only fiberglass replacement fenders which or OK I guess but just don't have the appearance of flares. IE the ZR2 fender idea. This would give me style as well as function without - I am hoping - major hacking. Keep giving me feed back, I need more info.

#6 ·
i have a friend that works at a body shop and he said that the zr2's have the raised lip on the fenders trimmed off with a flat piece of metal sticking out that the flares attach to.Kinda like a factory cut out to clear the bigger tires.But this is just what i've been told and haven't actually seen one with the flare removed.

#8 ·
I appreciate the feedback on my query. I have decided to order stock fenders and create my own fiberglass cut flares. It may be some time before I get to that point. But I need to get this thing mobile. I will keep you guys informed as to my progress. I will post pictures on my company website see link below.

My Pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.