S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a simple question: How would a 98 4.3l standard hold up with an automatic 3.8l 1995 ford mustang?

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
You'd win--- At least I've won against them, twice... Automatics are a little slower off the line obviously than a standard would be, depends on who's done more modding... If he's stock and you've got an intake and a chip at the least you'd win... at least that's my opinion

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Well, I've beaten the sh!t out of several V6 stangs on the interstate. Never raced one from a stop. You should take a 95 easily. The newer ones are supposed to be a good bit quicker.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have a 00 ex with a 4.3 auto with intake and flowmasters and atte a v6 mustang alive no contest.haha hannah.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
a 4.3/5 speed should murder a 3.8 auto stang. The S10 has more HP, more Torque, better gearing (AOD V6 stangs have 2.73:1 rears:evilg: ) and maybe 100-150lbs heavier.

·
Registered
48 Posts
you should beat him, V6 stangs are a joke...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ive got a 4.3 auto X and Ive taken them off the line and clear to 80.... They tend to catch up on straight aways though....... Damn governer.......... The manual mustangs are fun if you get an idiot with a new one who doesnt know how to drive it.... But again off the line no problem my truck locks and bolts the manuals tend to start creeping again at 60.... I have many friends that live in my dorms that own mustangs....They are great about just going out for the fun of it.. Watch out for the older SVO's though, my boss has one I thought it'd be fun because I heard it was a 4 cylinder. The guys failed to mention the dual stage turbo..... It hurt my pride..... I'll get over it though....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts