S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 s-10 and one of my friends is getting me the parts to lower it 5/7 with air shocks in the back to level it out. It will be with spindles, springs,and, blocks, mononleafs (he said something about taking the smallest leaf from the bottom and putting it on top and getting rid of the middle leaf, I am not sure if this is mono leafs.) He keeps insisting that I can keep my stock tires but I dont see how they would work in the front with a 5 inch drop. will I have to replace these. Also I have been told that I can just replace the front ones but then wouldnt it sit un even and look stupid with bigger tires in the back, but if I do them all wouldnt it mess up my spedo. and I cant afford that. Please, any help would be greatly appriciated.

P.S. also please tell me how much long term damage would be done to a truck with a drop of this much?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i think your buddy is doing your **** pretty ghetto

1) front sounds fine spindles and 3 inch springs. only people i trust for that is djm and belltech no body else

2) as far as the rear it will sit lower. you will need to cut the bumpstop brackets off. and id go with djm or belltech 3 inch leafs and 4 inch blocks if you want a 7 inch drop because with mono leaf the air shocks will have a lot of pressure on them

as for tires in front you will have to run a 205 60 15 or 205 65 15 at most. you can run a 205 55 15 but will be to small

in rear the same height tire as stock is a 255 60 15. so the speedo wont be off.

as far as lower profile in front and bigger in back looks fine. here is my set up wth 165 15 front and 275 60 15 rear. i have a 5.5 drop and the front rubs sometimes up top

Attachments

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ghetto??

Besides the rear leafs what is ghetto, I didnt want to spend much money so he told me that we could just alter the current springs. also I have talked to alot of people who said that they went with mono leafs. You said that it would put alot of strain on it, what is it, the leafs, shocks, frame, what? Thanks again for your help, btw those leafs that I mentionioned would also have blocks on them if that would help remove some of the strain

also if I go with lowered leafs in the back instead of mono would the whole set up be ok?

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, I reread your post and understood it better, U meant the air shocks would have alot of strain, the plan is once I can afford it to go with an air assist kit like what is used by contractors to level out a truck with a load in it. For that I was told I would need leafs that flex easily (which would mean alot of strain) that way I can lower and raise the truck with the air assist kit. (air lift, the company that makes the kit, said that it would work like that but I would need giving leafs). For this 'air lift, air assisst" application would the mono leafs be best?
Also I dont want to do a notch, I know that in order to get the full 7 inches you have to do that but I would just want to be able to level it out, in other words use the adjustable part (air shocks or air assist) to make the 7 into a 6 when I drive it. My friend who currently has this drop on his truck with out a notch said that that is how he uses it.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
ive pulled leafs out of some s10s with the 4 leaf spring pack. i removed the leaf under the top leaf which dropped it 1.5-1.75 inches. the ride was ok. now if you take the overload off the overload helps for the spring not to wrap around.

from djm the 3 inch leafs and 3 inch blocks are like 160 shipped. id go that route. also if u can notch it so it rides better. dont get me wrong you can go mono leaf, but you would be a lot better saving up and doing it the right way, or take out 1 leaf at most

i have a 5.5 7 drop and back is barly higher witha 5 7 back will sit lower

tony

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello again

Hey, thanks for the reply, what is my best option if I go with the air assist, mono leafs or still the lowered ones? Will the air assist work? BTW, if you have aim or aol you can IM at gr8drummr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts