S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, had a question for you s-10 owners out there. I was wanting to know what the s-10 ss had done to it from the factory compared to the stardard s-10 and also what was its performance time in the 1/4 mile? i know someone that has one and its an extended cab w/automatic and he is stock and he said that he could easily handle me if we ever lined them up to drag race. I have a 96 ford thunderbird 4.6 with flowmasters and shift kit . thats all I have done to my car. just wondering if i could beat him or not thanks

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
SS PerF........!

1st and FORE-MOSt there were Never ANY Extended Cab SS"S
Ask you freind to see his Glove box list of COdes........!
look for ........
L35....... V6 engine
MX0........ Trans AUTO with over drive
Gu6........3:42:1 gears
G80.........Limited sliip rear End...........! its very possible he has all these Code........But look for this CODe...............
B4U........SS Package.....if NO B4U its nOT a SS............!
A 94 to 95 SS would do 16.1.....stock... idont rem what the 96-97-98 were capable of........!
I Had a 94 with the 195 horse CP I Motor.....it was QuiCk!:bash: :bash:

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I don't know what he has done to it. If it is bone stock you might be able to beat him. I have a 2000 X 4.3 5-speed with several mods and I will toast any 4.6 V8 T-Bird without question!! I am running low 15's and I know the T-Birds run 16.XX but you guys would more than likely have a very close race!!

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
I always wondered what the stock #'s were on these trucks.

Thanks 00

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe the guy has the "SS" badges put on them to make it look like an "SS" because i remember seeing them many times and it is an extended cab ill ask him next time i see him just to see what he says. oh yeah 96-97 T-birds with 3.27 rear ends usually 15.7-15.9 stock. 94-95 T-birds with 3.08 rear ends usually ran 16.2-16-4.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey... need some help, I have a ZR5 2002 model, and Iam trying to figure out these RPO codes in the glove box. Please help, and thanks!

·
Will work for turbo parts
2,789 Posts

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
there were no "performance" differences b/t the SS and regular s10's. the SS was just an appearance package and had the zq8 suspension package and wheels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts