S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this board,and it rocks. My question is as follows, I own an 84 S10 pickup and something is loose in the front end. I got to looking the other day and I found tha the hub assembly was very loose. By hub assembly I mean the thing that the 8 bolts that hold the cv (half) shafts screw into. It can actually move in and out and side to side. Is there any bearing in there that need replaced or tightened. The truck is bone stock. All of the frontend components have been replaced, balljoints, shocks,spindles,shafts,rotors, and calpiers. It is 4wheeldrive by the way. Please tell me I do not have to swap frontends.Thanks for any help in advance.:confused:

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Well 1st off welcome to the forum. Annother fellow pa person! :D

you are talking about where the cv bolts to the front axel correct? there should be some play not much tho I will check my service manual on that to see what it should be. It might be a warn c clip in the diff thats causing the xtra play. I will take a look at the diagrams n stuff on them and see what i find tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am talking about the "inner hub assembly" where those bolts that hold the shaft screw into to. When the cv shaft is removed, it is the big round hub that is visible. By loose I mean insanely loose. I have 6 s-10 blazers and I have never seen or had this problem before. I talked to the gm guys around here and I think my dogs know more than they do. When they started saying that it was my Manual hubs I said see ya'. I hope you can help me out.:rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts