S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 S-10 and was just told about this forum. I dont have a life and spend all the time on the computer so I guess this is my new home :thumbup: . I have noticed that my 95 has about 9 inches of frame rail clarance in the front with stock tires and rims. Every one who has a 98 or new has told me that theirs has 7. Did they start making the 98's with lower frame rails?

Also I guess I should tell you some about myself since I am new here. I am 15 and only work 2 days a week for a wooping $65 a week check. I have to pay for the truck so my buget on pimping it out is close to none. I have only had the truck for a month or so but have already painted the dash to match the outside of the truck, put in a stereo system, and my plan is to lower it next. Come Feb. , when I can afford it, I am going to bag my ride.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Question for ya.... Hmm.. the dashboard is somewhat "squishy". how good and how long does the paint hold up on a flexible surface?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tyger said:
Question for ya.... Hmm.. the dashboard is somewhat "squishy". how good and how long does the paint hold up on a flexible surface?
I think he probably painted the hard plastic around the squishy stuff (technical term) called the bezels. both the bezels and squishy stuff IMO look better and last longer when they are dyed not painted.

I painted the vents in my '98 white and the years of sun and defrost heat has made the paint chip and flake off leaving little black spots in the white paint...took them out, removed old paint, shot them with white plastic dye, and after a year still look new.

just my .02

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flex additive. I used exterior PPG paint and use the flex stuff that is meant for use on painted plastic bumpers and stuff. And since this post is so old I guess I should add that the paint is still holding up great.

Obviously the bio on that post is a little off. This is wierd, seeing my first post on the forum brough back up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
HEY EMMMM.......IF U WANT TO PAINT YOUR DASH AND WANT IT TO HOLD UP VERY LONG USE FIBERGLASS RESIN OVER THE "SQUISHY" PART TO MAKE IT THE "HARD" PART AND SAND IT ALL REAL GOOD BEFORE PRIMING? THIS SHOULD HELP LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts