S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
WWW.CAROLINATRUCKSCENE.
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a used 8 port tank online couple weeks ago. And now I'm starting to put everything together and noticed some rust chips rumbling around inside. Well a lil turned into alot. I really can't afford a new tank right now. Any suggestions as to what I can do to salvage it.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
sorry to say, its pretty much junk. run it for now. save for an aluminum tank. learn to clean out valves =)

·
WWW.CAROLINATRUCKSCENE.
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry to say, its pretty much junk. run it for now. save for an aluminum tank. learn to clean out valves =)
That's pretty much what I was thinking. And shit brand new valves, I was doing mock up the other day and had two sticking allready.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
thats ruff man, make sure your valves arent near the bottom of tank. if you run them from near the top u might get less sticking. what gallon/type tank u runnin?

·
WWW.CAROLINATRUCKSCENE.
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Valid questions but I really don't have the answers for that. It's was kinda a dirt cheap package deal. But as far as the valves there mounted in the cab behind the seats. I was thinking of throwing a big magnet in the bottom of the tank.

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
2,440 Posts
Pull the tank off, get some small pea gravel, and seal off the tank... shake the shit out of it for a long time... agitate the hell out of it, empty tank, and repeat... get yourself a motorcycle tank rust proof kit or two (depends on size of tank) and follow instruction... you'll be ok at that point

·
Registered
370 Posts
You could always go to autozone or sumthin and buy some rust solvent and pour it in to clean it out, yeah it will come back but the chips should be gone.

·
WWW.CAROLINATRUCKSCENE.
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pull the tank off, get some small pea gravel, and seal off the tank... shake the shit out of it for a long time... agitate the hell out of it, empty tank, and repeat... get yourself a motorcycle tank rust proof kit or two (depends on size of tank) and follow instruction... you'll be ok at that point
I was thinking of using some ospho to take care of the rust.

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
2,440 Posts
I was thinking of using some ospho to take care of the rust.
yeah, it might work, I'd coat that tank with one of those kits thereafter... it'll stay sealed for years.

·
WWW.CAROLINATRUCKSCENE.
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you lived closer I have a brand new steel tank I would give you. I will never run a steel tank. Pay for shipping and it's yours.
Seriously? 27920. What kinda ports.

·
started as a 4X4 anyway
793 Posts
I have a slim 5 gallon, four 3/8 ports and two 3/4 ports.

I have a ten gallon, four 1/2 ports and two 3/4 ports.

They have been sitting around awhile and could use paint, scratches here and there, but both are new, never used. Still have red port plugs in them.

Shipping would be around 20

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.