S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who got blazers like me with the tank in the back, where did you drill your holes and run the line through? I was gonna have mine drilled right behind backseat but gas tank is under there, i could not hit the tank but the line just isnt gonna bend like it needs to..maybe some elbows?

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
:stupid: That would be the dooood to ask. How's the starter holdin up for ya Doug? I just got one for my 84...works and SOUNDS awesome.

Foolish, can you put the tank under the truck?

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
loweredd said:
:stupid: That would be the dooood to ask. How's the starter holdin up for ya Doug? I just got one for my 84...works and SOUNDS awesome.

Foolish, can you put the tank under the truck?
That starter was probably one of the best things I bought for the swap...the little thing kicks ass!! Thanks again for the hookup on that.

There isn't a whole lot of room under a blaze for a tank...it's doable, but a pain in the ass...it's a tight squeeze for anything over a 3 gallon..

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Mine are going down my frame rails and up through my floor somwhere betwene the driveshaft crossmember and gas tank ;)

God, I love not having a backseat to deal with HEHE.

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
LOL..i want my seat though :) thanks low, i was just scared of tryin to bend it i tried to bend a small piece to see if itd curve enough from tank ports to go behind speaker box, and it made a small kink, is that small piece ruined? Im just not gonna try that now, ill mount the tank, then figure that out last :) after all itd just be a few more fittings to make them go sideways then down on each side. Its a tight siqeeze but maybe itll bend enought o run behind the box, its PTC fittings also if that means anything different.

Thanks guys

By the way, i dont know about the tank, who here thinks my 12 gallon would fit under there? LOL

By the way i got bored, and i figured id actually draw a pic in paint of what im planning on doing, the wood is now covered with black carpet but i forgot my cam.

Would the Viair450s overhead under there?

Black=Airline, White Circle=Gauge, Blue= Pressure Switch, Tan on bottom= Drain Plug that runs under wood so i can let down backseat to drain, Dark grey=leader hoses, and im sure you see the viairs and the tank :)

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
PTC fittings... you're gonna want the line to be as straight as possible. Elbows would probably work best. Use one to turn it down, then another to turn it back towards the front. That'd keep the line straight and won't kink. Just make sure your line cuts are straight, and they should't leak ;)

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Im sending them down the sides, like on the outside of the frame, behind the rear quarter panel. Theres nothing there at all and it seems a lot easier there then on top of the tank..

·
Registered
684 Posts
i just ran my straight down and they were all in front of the tank towards the rear of the truck and and then outward to the frame

1 - 20 of 26 Posts