S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 s-10 4.3 w/ 52K miles. I notice that at any speed, it's operating temp is 200*. Is that normal, or is it running hotter than usual? I haven't done any mods to the engine or anything else. It only has a 2" body lift w/ 245/75 15" tires.
Also, when I'm idling for a while in a parking lot for example, it starts to heat up even more, I've let it go to about 220* before shutting it off. And at that point, I heard the coolant in the resevior bubbling.
So am I running too hot or what?

Thanx,
Royce

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
yeah they do. my 1994 always ran hot, even if i just let it sit in a parking lot running - it ran cooler when i was cruising in town. my 1995 cpi has a 160* stat, and it still gets hot (about 195*). i think part of it is that the radiator isnt big enough. if the coolant is bubbling in the tank, though, you have a problem. try getting a 180* stat from autozone or somewhere, and put that in to see if it fixes the problem. its possible that your radiator needs cooked out to get all the accumulated gunk out, but the stat change is cheaper, and easier.

·
Early Member
3,114 Posts
Check the coolant level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts