S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hook up my 2000 4.3 4x4 with some headers and full custom exahust, has anyone done the install themselves that would like to offer any tips/tricks and also where I can find them? Everywhere I look they say just 2WD....

I know theres a lot of shit under that hood and when it comes to work in the engine compartment, I'm more at home on my 69 chevelle.

·
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK
4,532 Posts
I dont know if it really matter if its 4X4 or 2X4, well the suspension and transfer case might be in the way but, i just did headers on mine, i will tell you i would never want to do this again. Took 2 days or pure hassle and fustration....But what you really need to do is, remove intake, coolant resevoir, washer fluid resevoir, steering column, knock sensor, egr fitting, plugs, wires, wire brackets, hood makes it easier, flanges, dip stick, exhaust manifolds and go from there, also, time consuming but does help a lot, the inner fender walls

·
Registered
88 Posts
check with summit racing and jegs, one of them has 4x4 headers for s10s just cant remember wich one right now

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, I went down to summit last night. They had them in stock so I grabbed them up.... NOW the fun part LOL

This should be interesting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts